FNZAS Breeding Certificates

Wok

Breeding registrations are now all entered into my computer.

Breeding data has been sent to Caryl for the Aquarium world and to Zev to update the website.

Now all I have to do is print out the certificates and have them posted out to clubs.

this should be sent out on Wednesday if all things go according to plan.

I have just received some more breeding certificates from a couple of Clubs, (You know who you are!!!)

I will print certificates for them, but I cannot guarantee that they will be in Novembers Aquarium World. You need to grease up to Caryl for that.

Cheers

Wok

Zev, Where can I find a Key to the classes that are listed beside the breedings?

I looked but I have man eyes.

The classes FNZAS use for breedings correspond with class designations for fish shows (not all fish show classes are appropriate for a breeding scheme though e.g. Class A = furnished aquaria). Also some classes have subclasses (for example Class C = Characins, and then you can have Ca, Cb, Cz subclasses) and the not all federations make use of every single subclass. The FNZAS classes correspond with those used by the Federation of British Aquatic Societies.

The last information I have is from 2005, at that date the valid classes for the breeding scheme were:

B Barbs

Ca Parcheirodon, Hemigrammus & Hyphessobrycon

Cb Pencil Fish

Cz Other tetras

Da Angels

Db Dwarf Cichlids

Dc African Lake Cichlids

Dz Other Cichlids

Ea Bettas

Ez Other Anabantoids

F Killifish

G Tropical Catfish

H Brochis & Corydoras

J Rasbora

K Danios & Minnows

M Any other tropical egglayer

Op Guppies

T Other livebearers

Ua Single tail goldfish

Ub Shubunkin (short)

Uc Shubunkin (long)

Ud Comet

V Double tail goldfish

Va Veiltail

Vb Fantail

Vc Black Moor

Vf Oranda

Vg Pearlscale

Vh Lionhead

Vj Celestial

Vk Bubble Eye

Vl Pom pom

W Any other species cold water

From trawling through the breeding records it looks like another couple of classes have been activated since 2005. These being:

L Loaches

Yb Seahorses (I'm assuming this, since my National Showfish booklet has them lumped in with Class Y - marine fish, seems logical that Yb might be the seahorse subclass).

For all those goldfish subclasses there will be class defining characteristics/standards that they should adhere to to qualify, if they don't then they'll default to being either single tailed (Ua) or double tailed (V).

• 2 weeks later...