LFS Customer service

Gill

Hi i just wanted to say what fantastic customer service there is at Hollywood Fish Farm Mt Roskill. Not only did they have all the parts i needed for my filter but they fitted them, too and checked to see if any other parts needed replacing. :D

I would have to second that Gill, I even got a PM apology for not getting my FNZAS discount when I was up there last!

I get too distracted with the stuff on and around the counter (like the marine tanks) and usually forget to ask if the discount has been taken off!

which one is that bikbok? Will have to add it to my 'must visit' list

PETPAC - the fish section is called Fincity. Not a huge store but they will get things in if you need. I always stop to say hello to ol Crusty the Lorikeet who is 20-30 years old I think and likes to steal the plastic bag of goods you've just bought!

meet the friendly staff: http://www.petpac.co.nz/about-us/ and: http://www.primepetproducts.com/wawcs01 ... ut-us.html

no I haven't seen their big tank out back but I knew they had one.

I saw their tank full of tiny baby Jack Dempsey's and they told me they brought them in from their big tank.

I didn't think their fish prices were too bad but depends what you're comparing it too I suppose, some were dearer than elsewhere. Overall I think their prices are reasonable.. it was good timing when they opened fincity because that's when I was setting up my tanks.. huge savings :-) !

Their fish range has most things that are needed and they can order in stuff that they don't have Have to agree that plant range is lacking! Fincity section of their petstore is newish so still building it up I guess, I never really took notice of their fish stuff before then as I mainly went in for bird and cat supplies - good prices for those.

I like the feel of the shop, so I suppose that's why I go there.

Not that impressed with other local petstores.

one is "That store"

one has tanks that look unclean and staff barely speak to you

the other always seem to have sick fish, grumpy staff can't answer simple questions and ask my children (who are almost teens and sensible) not to come in without an adult ! (has a sign on door saying "no children"). They won't allow prams , pushchairs and has denied access to even wheelchaired adullts! (there is actually room though it is small) Their birds are caged with barely anything in there.. bored cockatiels anyone? The pets are anything but happy.

We would prefer members to tell us the places they get good service from, so others will know the good shops. Saying bad things "because none of the staff would frequent this forum" is not very nice and they have no way to defend themselves. Remember the rules re posts intending to create a reaction, show disrespect or personal attacks.

We would prefer members to tell us the places they get good service from, so others will know the good shops. Saying bad things "because none of the staff would frequent this forum" is not very nice and they have no way to defend themselves. Remember the rules re posts intending to create a reaction, show disrespect or personal attacks.

yeah, and those that want to come and learn read all the negativities and don't come back. its a sad fact.

I know a person in these forums that prefers not to let on where they work (at a LFS) and to be honest, I dont blame them at all.

People come in here to learn as well as recieve and give advice. If they make a mistake (as we all do at times) they would be given shear hell.

I agree with Caryl, lets hear of the great things from these shops and forget or leave behind any bad experiances.

oops , my post at the top of this page was not meant to cause a stir.. I didn't name names, but I will say the "third" one is Not a nationwide store at all.

I guess I was comparing to the great service I got from the store I mentioned on the previous page.

I also know of LFS staff on these forums and I know that they have a genuine passion and are open to learning more - and that's the difference, staff that care- you do get a feeling fairly quick when visiting a LFS /LPS