white worms

Cricketman

can they be frozen?

i ask cos my 2lt ice cream container is over-run, and they breeding faster than im feeding! if i can freeze them then i can maybe give them to people to use for their breeders. im scooping out maybe 2 bloodworm cube size lots twice a day! half goes to the fish, other half i want to freeze.

anyone want some? lol

when I was a kid living in Rotorua, after the muns n dads had had a few of the regular sunday afternoon flagons, the kid next door and I had been out collecting tadpoles and left the dirty water with baby tadpoles on the table while we listened to the stories that were being told.

You already know where this is going dont you

The kid next doors father grabbed the tadpole glass and drank the lot. he simply didnt notice a thing and that includes the mud. After Jamies mouth hung open with a shocked look on his face his father asked what was wrong and after being told simply said "too late now, may as well go get some more and get out from kitchen"

Some of the beer in those days must have been real bad or maybe it had a greater effect on the drinkers that I remember as I cant remember any of them being drunk. Shows that as kids we dont notice a lot of things do we (I was about 10 or 11 I think)

so i just tried one of the frozen cubes... =fail...

they sink too fast for some reason, and my fish are too dumb to go down and grab them off the bottom.. also my cube trays have holes, so now ive got half cubes and a few stuck to the bottom of the container...

might have to just get rid of some to Mark and try portion control their eating... lol

like most things, good in theory, poor in practice....

Hmmm... as far as i know Ice floats (think Titanic! :o ) so Cricketman must mean the thawed worms sink too fast. My solution to this dilemma is to get a small container, punch a few holes in it, and suspend it in the water with the worm cubes in it. (I use the egg bit out of a Kinder Surprise.)

That way only a few worms come out of the holes at a time so the fish can catch them as they sink. Give it a go! :bounce:

so i just tried one of the frozen cubes... =fail...

they sink too fast for some reason, and my fish are too dumb to go down and grab them off the bottom.. also my cube trays have holes, so now ive got half cubes and a few stuck to the bottom of the container...

might have to just get rid of some to Mark and try portion control their eating... lol

like most things, good in theory, poor in practice....

Your icecubes sink? You made them with ice 9? You idiot! You've killed us all!

click here if you don't get the joke

Try more ice, less worm so it floats.