Aplocheilus Lineatus Gold

imsweet

I think i have just brought a couple of these from animates. Went there to spot their deals on the way home today and saw 5 hooning around a tank. Asked what kind of killies they were and no-one knew. So i asked how much they would sell them for..... 1/2 hr later someone decided they were panchax, as they had ordered some in for a person. Just panchax tho, not killifish. male looked a real nice colour yellow gold, females were just grey. All hanging around the top. Apparently very aggressive fish. So i took the 2 for one deal and brought 2 home. Huge fish compared to my others. Have settled in well to a small Q tank with java moss. Have checked out killi.co.uk and seem to be the gold variety.

Does anyone else keep these? Searched thru the forum and found Barrie had some.

Anything speacial to them? Will be in a tank to themselves.

they get imported from time to time

The last lot that came in were nice and I bought some myself even though I already had some

The males show a nice flash of red on the end of the tails

To breed them, it pays to have a big mop as they are very hungry for eggs

Tim Nuttal use to have a bottom mop that filled the whole base of the tank and was about 50mm thick so they had a lot of trouble finding the eggs after they had been laid.

Stu use to condition the f/m and leave her with the male for only 30 minutes from memory

maybe i can help. :roll: :lol:

There was 1 male and 5 females - male is pretty flirty and tries breeding with all the females.

they will devour smaller fish like neons and guppies, and will wreck havoc in a tank with small fish.

Them and the american flag fish are the only killies in store.

Im glad to see they went to a nice home :D , that male had really nice colours.

the last batch i got home, all decided that the life of a carpet fish was more fun :lol:

i had a carpet fish this morning :(

and yes, it was the corner. 1 1/2cm, if that, space where the cables go out. Every other tiny crack was taped closed. In my killie tanks i keep 15cm between the water line and the lid, but this was a betta so i'd filled it up quite high :(