Aplocheilus Lineatus Gold

imsweet

Yeah, I've got three breeding quality males and two with massive kinks in their tails which won't be fathering anything...and one scrawny-looking female. I keep them in tanks with other fish - dwarf loaches and a borneo sucker - and haven't had any issues with them being eaten...so far. I definitely wouldn't mind coming across a few more females at the local petshop though, every now and then someone delivers a fair few and they all go pretty quickly. The only problem for me, apart from the fact they eat their babies, is that the females seem to very susceptible to the slightest stress (being hassled by a male perhaps) and end up suffering for it, whereas the males stay bright, active and completely healthy.

After reading up on these - somewhere it said they like to spawn in the roots of floating plants (mop) and seem not to eat their eggs or fry (yeah right) but having not made a mop yet, i put some java moss in weighted with a rock and some floating bits of ambulia. I checked the java moss today and found at least 15-20 eggs. Not risking anything, i've put the moss into my fry grow out part of the tank. Will be watching eagerly. Ps, have 2 bristlenose babies left at 2cm. They must have been too big to eat. :)

Fantastic, :bounce: they are beautiful fish. They (the male) caught my eye in the shop on the Thursday before the sale and I forgot about them on the day BUT thats cool we're not ready for Killies as yet! But at least I did recognise them as Killies :)

although I do quite fancy Phils King Killies :hail::bow: