Tank mate suggestions please

bedazzled

I got a 20cm-ish gold severum from snookie the other day ( great measurements snookie :P ) and we are now hooked on the idea of setting up a new tank for a few larger fish after just having small community fish for so long.

"Zak" as he is now named is very calm and not showing any signs of aggression, he has wreaked havoc on my plants though lol

What suggestions do you have on what we could put in with him, only wanted maybe 2 more similar sized fish.

We like the idea of a Green Severum too but will they be aggressive towards each other?

ANy suggestions appreciated :D

Chocolate Cichlid

Jaguar Cichlid.

both of the above have great personalities and are not aggresive to each other, provided they are around the same size

anything that fits in their mouths will be food.

I used to keep Silver Dollars in with my Gold and Green Severums

Just remember they will become Territorial as they get older, My Golds did, so Territorial that one Gold chased the other Gold into a Rock and Killed it :cry: The one that died was my Favourtie :(

If your wanting to go Silver Dollars I wouldn't bother about Plants they will mow them down in NO Time.

I got a 20cm-ish gold severum from snookie the other day ( great measurements snookie :P ) and we are now hooked on the idea of setting up a new tank for a few larger fish after just having small community fish for so long.

"Zak" as he is now named is very calm and not showing any signs of aggression, he has wreaked havoc on my plants though lol

What suggestions do you have on what we could put in with him, only wanted maybe 2 more similar sized fish.

We like the idea of a Green Severum too but will they be aggressive towards each other?

ANy suggestions appreciated :D

Nope, I haven't found any of my severums, green or gold, to be particularly aggressive towards each other. The occasional chase, but that's it. Actually, I haven't found them to be aggressive towards anything.

Chocolate Cichlid

Jaguar Cichlid.

They both look interesting, will have to read a bit more about them and see how they stack up, Thanks Wok

A school of silver dollars :wink:

No thanks lol

Nope, I haven't found any of my severums, green or gold, to be particularly aggressive towards each other. The occasional chase, but that's it. Actually, I haven't found them to be aggressive towards anything.

Good to hear Ira, There was a gorgeous green severum in the LFS the other day, by the time we had decided what we wanted to do, went down and he was gone :(

I used to keep Silver Dollars in with my Gold and Green Severums

Snookie is trying, in a very subtle way to sell me his lol

Big sharks, synos, oscars, plecs, firemouths, acaras, big angels etc are a few ive had success with with my big gold sev, she gives the odd chase but has never hurt anything i have put with her.

Acaras are definately on my possible list. An Oscar appealed too but am not tooo sure lol

They both look interesting, will have to read a bit more about them and see how they stack up, Thanks Wok

OMG!!!!!!!

If you are able to get some Chocolate Cichlids for your tank go for it.

I saw 3 adults in a tank on the weekend and they were STUNNING!

An amazing maroon colour and great shape.

Seriously fell in love with them.

Ï can't wait to get my own.

I agree acaras are real cool, and maybe some fire mouths?

Fire mouths look nice too lol now it is going to take me ages to make a decision on what to get lol

OMG!!!!!!!

If you are able to get some Chocolate Cichlids for your tank go for it.

I saw 3 adults in a tank on the weekend and they were STUNNING!

An amazing maroon colour and great shape.

Seriously fell in love with them.

Ï can't wait to get my own.

Really? the pics I have seen they don't look that spectacular. Will have to do some more research now

I have NO idea what a Mullet looks like :lol:

Here they are here for you to have a nosey at:

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/p ... p?news=929

LOl no not the fish I was thinking of

http://www.boudillion.com/road/mullet.jpg <- mullet.

Tankmates for sevs can be trial and error, depends a lot on tank size and temperment. But anything thats too big to be eaten, and that isn't super aggressive is worth trying.

yikes! that is the exact reason the Mullets are JUST WRONG! lol Joe dirt eat your heart out :P