Bye bye Wainui Pets

Tsarmina

for a while now, wainui pets has been up for sale, but it looks like we will be losing our pet shop. they are expecting to close the doors for the last time on or around the 18th of july :cry:

so this is a big thank you to Janis (and the team) for being there when i needed her help on animal matters, and wishing her well in the future :)

as far as i'm aware, it has been the same pet shop that has been sold on to the next owner, and so forth. it used to be on queen street (don't know if it was anywhere else prior to that). janis took over about a year before they moved it into the mall, almost 4 years ago.

there has been a pet shop in wainui for almost 45 years :(

Yep it was on Queen St when I was a kid and it was still there when my kids were kids. I remember 3 of the families who have owned it at one time or another. Very very sad to see it go :( my grandkids are going to miss out on the stroll along Queen St and visit to see all the baby animals.

I will really miss it, they often have really interesting fish that they don't have in other stores. And they are always really friendly and helpful. And we always make the treck from Wellington to Wainuiomata to buy large bags of dove seed which we can't seem to get anywhere else.

I get dove seed at Sharpes in Lower Hutt, they should be able to sort you out.

Was in the pet shop today and they will be open until the end of the month. we're all hoping someone will buy it and keep it running.

See if you can get some discounted fish :)

Maybe if you buy enough the shop will stay open?

I get dove seed at Sharpes in Lower Hutt, they should be able to sort you out.

Often dove mixes contain a lot of small seeds that do little for the birds. The basics are peas and corn (Popcorn is best)

beware of the small seed mixtures

Often dove mixes contain a lot of small seeds that do little for the birds. The basics are peas and corn (Popcorn is best)

beware of the small seed mixtures

+1 I use it straight for ringneck doves but use more corn peas and barley for the pigeons. Shop near me in upper hutt has started selling Inghams pigeon pellets and am trying these too