Anyone here bred Hypancistrus zebra?

nemines

well a shop could order them in if they are on the list, and then they could sell it to the public.

or someone with a supplier "friend" could buy them if they are available.

i hope some one breeds them well if they are available and there are good males and females

well on the 1st of the month when the lists come out ill be looking...

however they are a illegal to import so i doubt it, it also could be a false import/id...

Could be L52 or chocs... but with a retail of $800 i doubt it...

I also doubt that they will be selling for $800... i know that these cost around 125 euros or around 150USD for a 3cm specamin... then you have

paperwork

freight

quarantine

GST

also if they have been imported i dont think we will see any females, i would expect them to be held back for breeding and to protect the investmant...

i can understand why they are doing it... if they can get someone to pay $800 a pop then they dont want someone under cutting them at $500???

but i doubt that they are on the lists, but i would like to be proven wrong... i can say ill be ordering some if their on...

If someone invested $2000 intoa decent breeding pair the they could stand to make ALOT of money. If only I had the money lols

You don't just need the money and a decent breeding pair, you also need the skills and knowledge to successfully breed these and a lot of the other plecs and hypans around.

$800 whole sale would equate to a sale price of around $1800 most shops do 100% + gst for mark up.. But have seen animates stores do 150% total so guess it depends on the shop :) If they were on a suppliers list I would say that one of the mythical breeders who has been laying low hiding behind smoke and mirrors has decided to release them there to keep prices up. As Phoenix said I doubt you would find males and females for sale. I wonder if any wholesaler would take the risk at $800 a fish?

I heard a rumor some were on a supplier's list last week. Actually it wasn't a rumor I saw the list but not sure who the supplier was. They will retail about $800 each. Sell your car!!! :D

thats where the $800 came from. the last one I saw was sold for $700 (in fact its the only one I have seen for sale).

One of the shops up here told me 135% mark up on the list prices was what they sold at and that was about 4 weeks ago.

We will all have to wait and see what comes in. It might be like the giant betta - males only - anyway.