FNZAS Conference 2009

Spink

Hi Guys!

Conference is this Queens Birthday weekend, and I have a seat available in my car if anyone wants a ride and to share petrol costs.

Traveling up Friday and back Monday (at this stage), petrol costs would be shared with 4 others.

Please PM me if you're interested or for more details.

Cheers!

Anita :D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy yourself - I'm not going cos I didn't have time to write an article. :roll:

You DO NOT have to write an article to go to conference, this has been explained many times now.

Please come to conference if you want to, if not thats ok too, but the article reason has well and truely been put to bed.

I think I'm up to about article number 15 now, and three of those were just in the last month!

Maybe I have too much time on my hands! I really enjoy doing it though, and I like knowing it helps Caryl keep going and producing such a great magazine.

Can't wait for the trip now! I'm organizng maps, petrol stops etc, and I have been getting regular updates from John, so it sounds like it's going to be a great weekend!

This is going to be the trip of a lifetime for me! I always seem to make the conferences an excuse to have new experiences.

Napier conference was the first time i ever visited the North Island, travelled on the ferry AND flew in an airplane. Amongst other things,

"Top of the South" last year was the longest drive i have ever done by myself, first time i had been to Nelson that i remember and first holiday i had ever take where i felt i was really in charge of everything. :o

This year i am driving with my best friend the WHOLE way to the Coromandel! and back again. So we will be taking in all the sights and having a ball!

Been waiting all year for this time to come and in two weeks i am gonna be bouncing like this lil fella :bounce: in excitement!

If anyone is wishing to attend the conference, but are not taking up John's offer for accommodation and have made alternative sleeping arrangements, you still need to send John the registration form that was included in Aquarium World.

John needs to know numbers for catering purposes, and does not want any surprise people just turning up and expecting to be fed.

If you require a Registration form, please email me and I will forward one to you.

Also, all clubs need to forward in writing to the FNZAS Secretary at least three days before the conference who their delegates are in order for them to be recoginsed at the AGM and be able to vote on any matters.

i am able to take a couple people down to conference from Auckland.

so if you are catching a plane to auckland and then needing a ride, I may be able to help.

I intend to go down on the friday midday.

I still have a seat available, but I'm happy to take someone last minute of their plans change or if they decide to go last minute

It will be a great conference so I wouldn't want to miss it!

Confences are a good way to catch up with old friends that have a simalar interest. Unfortanley i have other things happening this year so it will be only the secound confence i have missed but you all will have a great weekend thats a gaurantee especiacallly knowning john as we do. Thinking of you all :D

Oh, so you have finally sent your rego form in then?

Just as well otherwise you would end up sleeping on the beach with anyone else who hasn't registered and just turns up expecting a bed and food and water!

Oh, so you have finally sent your rego form in then?

Just as well otherwise you would end up sleeping on the beach with anyone else who hasn't registered and just turns up expecting a bed and food and water!

Now all I have to do is:

1. Send letter to Warren to inform the FNZAS that I am a Delegate

2. Send another letter updating our AFA executives

3. Email you the necessary changes for our club listing in the website

4. Finalise the registered breedings and find a winner.

5. Liase with Kevin to make sure everything is ok with breedings (being first time for me, I better not stuff it up)

6. write Breeding coordinators report.

7. Write NZKA presidents report before conference

8. find out when to do all the above :lol:

Now all I have to do is:

2. Send another letter updating our AFA executives

3. Email you the necessary changes for our club listing in the website

4. Finalise the registered breedings and find a winner.

5. Liase with Kevin to make sure everything is ok with breedings (being first time for me, I better not stuff it up)

6. write Breeding coordinators report.

7. Write NZKA presidents report before conference

8. find out when to do all the above :lol:

and what are you going to do on SUNDAY ?

That would be the AFA club secretaries job, not yours, so you can cross that one off the list.

And has the NZKA delegate info been sent as well?

That would be the AFA club secretaries job, not yours, so you can cross that one off the list.

And has the NZKA delegate info been sent as well?

He he he.....

... I am AFA Secretary as well as Vice President :lol:

So I guess it goes back on the list. :roll:

SPARE SEAT FROM CHCH!!!!!!!!!! Ferry booked for car and 2 people however my passenger can nolonger go. Peops from down south (or South Island) who want to go, if you can get to chch I'll take ya unless I can grab you on the way!!

sounds like a whole lot of bureaucracy to me.. just turn up and see what happens, lol.

You will be sleeping out in the open and be very hungry and thirsty for the whole weekend, and your vote will not count... :wink: