Male or Female??

yeh_buddy

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Fishkeeping is definitely a pretty equal genderwise hobby. Especially compared to my other hobby, fishkeeping has huge amounts of females, everyone is much younger and is MUCH more sociable. RC plane hobby...Average age is mid 50s and the only girl I've ever seen at one was someone's wife sitting in the car rolling her eyes and probably wishing he would hurry up and finish playing with his toys...

That's interesting Ira. My other hobby is motorbikes (just riding them - not racing or anything serious). Of course it's a male-dominated hobby but there are also lots of women involved, both as 'everyday' riders and as racers. I would have thought that women would have been interested in RC planes as well.

Ooops almost forgot to tell you about me:

Name: Lindis (after the Pass)

Sex: Female

Age: 40s (anyway it's rude to ask a lady her age) :roll:

My partner enjoys watching the fish and will help with them if he's given specific instructions... like "carry that bucket over there" or "put half a teaspoon of flakes in the tank."

When we'd been going out for a little while he decided he wanted a tank of his own and I helped him set one up in his flat. He got one of my old tanks, then we went shopping for lights, filters, heaters etc. and he got very fond of the two fish he chose (a small school of neons and two female bettas, both named "Betty"). After we moved in together we combined our tanks and his fish moved into my big new tank.

Call me slow, but it took me a while to realise that his sudden interest in fish-keeping had more to do with me than the fish. :roll: His interest in the Betty family declined sharply once we had moved in together. :lol:

Hmmm...I thought you were a guy, whetu.

Yeah I think there's a lot of that about... :oops:

Interesting that we don't include our gender in our profiles on here (unlike most other forums). Makes it a bit confusing when you try to refer to someone else and you don't know whether to say "him" or "her"

Thanks Whetu!

I hated my name growing up. When I was kid, my main goal was to change my name when I grew up. Now, either I didn't grow up, hmmm, or just got used to the name :lol: :lol:

The name means sorrow. When someone asks me about my name and I tell them it means sorrow, I tell them my mother was 45 when she had me and that's why she called me that. You should see the look on their faces. She was 45 when she had me but that's not why she called me that I was named after someone.

Yep, the name Caper is because I'm from Cape Breton.

How about others, maybe you could include where you got your name, unless of course it IS your actual name :o 8) :P

Caper

Yeah I think there's a lot of that about... :oops:

Interesting that we don't include our gender in our profiles on here (unlike most other forums). Makes it a bit confusing when you try to refer to someone else and you don't know whether to say "him" or "her"

And then there are other forums where asking for someone's age/sex/location will get you banned.

Sex: Female

Name: Lynda

Status: Married for 24 years, with 4 Sons, Jason 21, Hayden 19, Brandon 17 and Matthew 15 all still living at home :D

Think life must be toooo good for them here, they dont want to leave :D

Hubby and I own 3 Businesses here in Levin,

Supreme Antennas: Wholesaler and Manufacturer of TV Aerial Equipment etc,

Supreme Shoes: The Shoe Shop we have just brought in Town :D

Supreme Lock-Ups: 46 Self Storge Units in the process of being built now.

So life's pretty Full on :bounce:

But loving every minute of it.

Ira wrote:

And then there are other forums where asking for someone's age/sex/location will get you banned.

But this is volunteer information, so a person may or may not participate. Is it the same with the other forums you are referring to Ira?

Caper