training a lorikeet?

gem_scott

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont feed stuff with phenols in it... or too much citrus. datura is a common plant that can kill even humans, animals etc, so steer clear of that stuff. its got a beautiful bell shaped flower.

im sure i have a link somewhere, but im on my luch break at work so will post it when i get back home... that is if i can find it.

dont feed stuff with phenols in it... or too much citrus.

yeah i heard about that not too much citrus thing but then i went to a pet store and saw a lorikeet eating an orange (i consider that to be alot of citrus) and it confused me as to what "too much" citrus really is

Ok what is a lorikeet like after coffee??

had a lady come in one day with a badly behaved rainbow that was plucking itself

after a couple of months of us having the lorrie for a week or 2, then it going back home and becoming a "bad" bird again

found out she was letting it have her coffee during the day and a slice of marmalade on toast in the morning

wound tighter than a coiled spring :o

lorries are very intelligent and it doesn't take them long to train their owners :wink:

Loris are wonderful birds, however they do need LOTS & LOTS of attention more so than other types of birds or they get very LOUD and naughty. The more time you spend with them the better they will be.

Most loris loves water (baths) my Lori "birdie" loves his bath, usually ends up looking like a drowned rat :D

Birdies favorite fruits are mangos < top of the list, apple, pears, peaches, raisins and loves his honeyed water in his drink bottle

Oh and they are very messy :roll:

what is a lori like after coffee?

surprisingly a badly behaved lori is a lot like me BEFORE my morning coffee. its like poking a dragon in the eye. a very big angry dragon. like an angry lady dragon at that time of the month. YAWRRR!!! lol. its terrible and is not a fate i wish on any one :( :lol: :lol: :lol:

it can kill them, as it speeds up the heart rate, and as you can imagine a small animal like them has a pretty darn fast beating heart. makes them a bit hypo... (and by a bit i mean a lot). caffeine doesn't do them any good as it shortens their life span.

rusty is allowed to sniff my coffee on a good day, but usually he has to make do with a tiny bit of froth at the end of my finger.

i know that this is off topic but i met the most gorgeous blue and gold macaw today!

her owner says shes a bitch lolz.

she didnt want to talk to us but she was definately showing off (the bird that is, not the owner)

2 weeks (on tuesday) till i get my birdy! :D

my first lorrie called Poe, after Edgar Allen Poe

also short for Peices of Eight my little pirate bird

he had some unusual nestmates :o

circus10014.jpg

he used to bath in their milk dish, found him stuck to the bench one hot day as the milk was really rich

he used to growl like them too :D