Spider ID please

Iszac

We also have those up here in Levin,

I did a google search on Spiders to see what I could find, but couldn't quite decide what it was, sort of reminds me of a WhiteTail Spider without the white tail, but with extra long legs.

Would love to know waht they are too??

Lynda

Looked in the book 'Which New Zealand Spider' by Andrew Crowe

I'm thinking it could possibly be a Prowling Spider.

Over 40 species in NZ. All these large bodies spiders found througout NZ. Mainly hunt at night and can be found under logs etc in day time. Build silk sacs to hide in.

Not sure if this helps... :roll:

I have seen similar spiders in the bush at the Archery club up here. Also at Leigh . Always just thought of them as "wolf" or "huntsman" spiders....cool ones though. OK to handle, but they tend to run FAST up arms and into loose sleeves! Will get big enough to spread out over my whole palm.

Oh, I wasn't sure we knew it wasn't found in the vicinity of a stream... In that case it could be minor..................... I'm back on the fence but still leaning towards aquaticus :-)

No its not Uliodon sp, body shape is totally different

Oh, I wasn't sure we knew it wasn't found in the vicinity of a stream... In that case it could be minor..................... I'm back on the fence but still leaning towards aquaticus :-)

No its not Uliodon sp, body shape is totally different

Yep it was found near a creek under a rotten log, will try set up a good home for him this week

:D

• 2 weeks later...