Reefs Reef Tank

reef

Slovenia - cool. Thanks for the broken link tip - it was working!!! Will have to investigate :D

Is Prodibio a brand name for these trace element additions?

Yes, http://www.prodibio.fr/ .

Before that I have two failed attempts with zeo stuff, and one really poisonous chemical Biosona. I hope Prodibio is more failure-proof method.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Combo said:

Pegasus, cut last posts after a while and relocate them, please.

Sure, I'm willing to discuss other topics and share experience.

I am not the Moderator for this section Combo.. but the Mods do their best to watch all postings to keep this site a happy friendly place that ALL the family can visit... :)

I will see if the split can be arranged.

Regards.

Bill.

Hi again Combo,

Spoke to the Admins about the split, but as you have not really gone into details about your tank or posted any pics on the site, it has been decided by the Admin that it would be better if you start off your own thread and allow this one to continue on topic.

Look forward to your posts and pics :)

Regards,

Bill.

chimera i love how you put it ""joe public" :D

this hobby is so political ,doesnot matter where you from,you have to know your lfs guy or spend alot of moneyor both mostlikely

where do you import livestock from reef (if you don't mind me asking)

any corals from the surronding regin or is it all import?

what is average price for a decent sps colony in nzl,here in canada small aquaculture colonies go for 60 $can(52$us) i find it that ,both livestock & drygoods are the cheapest here compare to any country i ever visited

(germany,japan,us,dubai,...),i think because wholesale is quiet cheap here(north america)but in states there is a bigger market for it so its alot more expensive(retail price) there,but overall the quality of livestock is better in us than canada,whith japan being the best i ever seen (amazing corals,but very expensive)

New Zealand is a small niche market for marines. We only have about 10 shops that supply marines and a few of those only have about 2 tanks to sell from.

There's not much different in Europe. We have approximately

1 shop / 2 million people and approx.

1 reefkeeper / 50.000 people.

Its only advantage that we can travel to the other nearby countries, like Austria or Germany. I'm also member of one Norwegian forum and there is no difference. I thought you in NZ have better shops, because you are closer to the coral seas.

One year ago Slovenian reef keepers we were also together with freshwater community, but after we have separate forum, number of posts exploded to exactly 10.000 in one year.

combo wrote

Reef, how long are you using Prodibio and other related products? Did you or do you have any negative effects from that? Can be these products overdosed (RTN, STN)?

Sorry for the last reply.

i dose biodigest every two weeks and add reef booster weekly. I also add tunze zeolite.

the prodibio seems to work well as my water looks clean and coral colours look ok

the reef booster is great as the goniporas asre doing well and the acropora do open well when i feed it.

I must remind you, because prodibio users are rare...

also rare in NZ. but the reef booster (coral food) is quite popular.

i note that you had stn when using zeovite, did you try it without the zeolite??