Reefs Reef Tank

reef

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dudes.

Tank is looking pretty good however the high fish load is making it hard to keep colours.

should do more water changes as i only do them every 2-3 months.

Corraline algae is going really well. could be the strontium i am adding.

No really big changes made to the tank other than add another pump on the skimmer few weeks ago making 4 needle pumps on the skimmer.

I'm glad it's not H crispa (hardgoing) Had no experience with that one looks really nice.

Glad to read your AB Tang is a good boy have been doing a bit of reading on them some people seem to find them very aggressive.

Do you know anyone else in NZ with one?

Your colours are looking pretty good to me :o

The macrodactyla doreensis are as hard as crispa to keep but they dont move as much. I actually lost that anemoe last week as he kept moving and got stung by my brain. bit pissed off as they are expensive and hard to get.

I still have a green bubble that lives iwith the acros and got another purple type, not sure what type,

Hollywood and Jansens got some real woppers. Magnifica over 12inch in size. love to get one in my tank if i had the space.

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of an update on the tank.

Some minor change made during the last three weeks has improved my colours.

I stopped my rowaphos reactor

I Also in my third week of prodibio dosing on a weekly basis, previously was only dosing monthly.

Still dosing strontium and reef solution

acro-purple.jpggorgonia.jpg

red-mushroom.jpgpovona.jpg

clam-blue.jpggreen-acro.jpg

very true. also stuff thats not available in germany (that was banned at some stage like angels and butterflyfish ) just go to switzerland and bring it accross the border. :D have done that many times as customs never ask and even if you show them they'll let you pass. even in the early stages in the hobby almost everything was available at a price in central europe.

• 2 weeks later...