June 22, 200521 yr comment_53887 Yeah I think its BS too. HOWEVER there are some stunning tanks out there using it and nothing else, so it can be hard to argue with the results. I would 'consider' it still. If you are really interested, I am willing to sell quite reasonably. I've only used it for ~6 months and thus has well over a year before half is required to be replaced. Send me a PM if you want to talk business. Report
June 22, 200521 yr Author comment_53897 How blue is the tank as compared to the photos, looks very blue. Running 14k bulbs and 12 x 54w blue t5s. Report
June 22, 200521 yr comment_53900 12? ACK! where do they all go. That will explain the blueness. Pie Report
June 22, 200521 yr Author comment_53906 double fitting at the front, double at the back, and 2 built into the halides. all are 4ft x 2 Report
June 23, 200521 yr comment_54071 my brothers tank is using mm, in my opinion its an amazing tank. He only has soft corals in the tank however but he does nothing but water changes monthly and has a reasonable load of fish in there. I am setting up my new tank at the moment and will be using mm as well after seeing the results on his tank Report
June 23, 200521 yr comment_54076 does he skim? does he add kalc? calcium reacter? NSW or ASW? Phosphate removers? Drifty, whats the MM doing that would not happen if it was not there? interesting to get your opinion on this as you have almost first hand experience no one has told me what it releases and at what rate, except vague references to minerals...... just trying to qualify what "he does nothing but" really means... Report
June 23, 200521 yr comment_54095 he doses nothing, uses salt mix, has a deltec skimmer but doesnt use it, doesnt use any phosphate removers. He has trouble with algae growing also but his tank really does look good Report
June 23, 200521 yr comment_54098 mushrooms, zoos, leathers, anemones, octopus, hammer i think and a few others Report
June 23, 200521 yr comment_54099 the best soft tanks i have seen did not have skimmers, just LR.... http://www.coralplantations.com/Picture%201012.avi this thing is as colourfull as a zeo tank saw it when last in aussie I am not sure that the same husbandry works for other or hybrid tanks (I have also read a lot about getting rid of your mushies if you want to keep acros etc) , otherwise chemical warefare breaks out.... Report
June 23, 200521 yr comment_54101 its even more impressive in real life.... its technicolor no zeo and no skimmer in site! no MM either..... Report
June 24, 200521 yr comment_54295 http://www.coralplantations.com/pages/tanksetup.htm http://www.coralplantations.com/pages/filtration.htm Report
June 24, 200521 yr comment_54298 its an awesome shop best i have ever seen anywhere! these guys are in it for the long haul..... Report
June 24, 200521 yr comment_54300 these tanks could easilly be put together for around $1000 i believe Report
June 24, 200521 yr Author comment_54357 Some new shots. My bleached table in May2005 As at today Other pics This acro is so purple that is almost looks black. Report
June 24, 200521 yr comment_54380 what do you mean morning shot? yor corals don't even wake up until noon! unlike you. Report
June 25, 200521 yr comment_54510 Wow that table has improved nicely! I'd be interested in your thoughts on what you think you've done / added, or whatever to achieve this. Report
June 26, 200521 yr Author comment_54621 Had a big week this week trying to sort out all the cables under my tank and sump room as they are all over the place. I also worked out why some of my metal halides would not start sometimes. It looks like I am close to the load of the power source as I must be powering half of Auckland. So it looks like I will go back to 250w Metal halides as this will reduce the load and found that there is no benefit in 400w vs the 250wDE except a biggest power bill. Here is a pic of the wiring after tidying it up; I still have to cable tie the cables. Report
June 27, 200521 yr comment_54684 mmmm I see radium HPS ballasts? So it looks like I will go back to 250w Metal halides as this will reduce the load and found that there is no benefit in 400w vs the 250wDE except a biggest power bill. I know for me the 400W bulbs are just cheaper! did you do a power vs bulb coast spreadsheet? wondering if i am paying that much more in power costs to have another 150w of power through it over bulbs life? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.