Leopard fish

Rebecca

Can anyone tell me please the status of these fish? Phalloceros caudimaculatus or Leopard fish? I've been told they aren't legal but I spent hours last night trying to find any info on them and their status in NZ and couldn't find anything. I know they are sold in petshops and have seen people on here mentioning them so am a little confused. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry, this is off topic slightly but could they be kept in an outside pond with a handful of white cloud mountain minnows?

I've got a 90L tub outside and think it would be cool to have some leopard fish.

Sorry, this is off topic slightly but could they be kept in an outside pond with a handful of white cloud mountain minnows?

I've got a 90L tub outside and think it would be cool to have some leopard fish.

Yes they can be kept outside :D

I just got 4 pairs off Whiskas, they are aaawesome. I know she had some extras, if she has two males I could probably bring them back for you when I take her borneo suckers up (did a swap, waiting for my end!) Do PM me if you're keen though because I'm not regularly on here but get emailed for PMs. :)

I think they are nice fish but cannot understand why they are leagal in New Zealand when they can potentialy cause the same amount of damage as mosqueto fish have done...

they can survive in NZ waterways, can breed like crazy and are far better adapted for competing with natives.

I have been realy tempted to buy some myself but for $8 each I think I will stick with wcmm lol.

P.S please dont shoot me down if I am wrong about these guys :o