Why do idiots...

Caryl

... think it is funny to push unsuspecting people into swimming pools? My son has been here for the weekend and was at a BBQ when someone ran through pushing in several of those near the pool. As a result he has probably lost his new cell phone (drying out but no guarantee it will go) and trying to dry out all the stuff from, and including, his wallet - and clothes :roll:

No he has no idea who the guy was and will be returning to ChCh tomorrow so hasn't got the time to follow it up :evil:

It was before they headed of to the Blues Brews and BBQs beer festival so I don't know how much he had consumed (the other guy that is, not my son. He actually came home from the festival seemingly still sober). We have dried it out and it now works! Has a couple of blobs in the corners from extra water but otherwise still usable.

We have dried it out and it now works! Has a couple of blobs in the corners from extra water but otherwise still usable.

It may still work for now, but if it ever get sent away for service, the mobile phone service place will just send it back as water damaged. Phones have moisture indicators in them.

Also as the PCB has been wet, it is likely that corrosion has alredy started and will prob have a much shorter lifespan than it should.

Alcohol brings out that missing link gene. some people are just plain morons.

Don't worry Caryl, i know all about dealing with drunken teenagers!

My neighbours went away the same night of my husbands 40th and their son decided to have a party. Short story, the cops came and if it weren't for the fact my sister in law knew his uncle, he would have spent the night in a police cell block. By the way, his aim in life is to be a police officer. Great start.

What beats that though, last Thursday night his cricket team won some trophy, so they had a team BBQ at his place, next door to me. The noise was a bit much but we forgave them as we knew this cricket trophy was big deal to them.

The problem came about 10pm when i brought my dog in from outside to go to bed for the night. I put my hand on her head and was greeted with beer and vomit.

One of the neighbours mates had gotten himself violently drunk and threw up over my side of the fence, all over my dog. Someone else poured beer on her to try and help wash it off.

I let it go that night but went to talk to my neighbours yesterday.....

Get this - they KNEW it happened that night but didn't come and apologize, nor make their son OR the guy that did it apologize. I've found out from my step daughters friends since talking to my neighbours that the guy who did it, his father was there and knows he did it, but yet still no apology or offer to wash my dog or pay to have her groomed!

What's wrong with people these days!

If that were my girls, i would be making them go and apologize in person and offer to pay to take the dog t be professionally cleaned!

Needless to say I'm not all that fond of my neighbours right now.

First it was food in my pond, now vomit on my dog...what happens when they win their next national trophy match?

" I " word ? :-?

refers i think to the word idiot which might possibly be seen when used to describe someone as derisory or meant to incite reaction

from wikipedia

"Idiot" was originally created to refer to "layman, person lacking professional skill", "person so mentally deficient as to be incapable of ordinary reasoning". Declining to take part in public life, such as democratic government of the polis (city state), such as the Athenian democracy, was considered dishonorable. "Idiots" were seen as having bad judgment in public and political matters. Over time, the term "idiot" shifted away from its original connotation of selfishness and came to refer to individuals with overall bad judgment–individuals who are "stupid". In modern English usage, the terms "idiot" and "idiocy" describe an extreme folly or stupidity, and its symptoms (foolish or stupid utterance or deed). In psychology, it is a historical term for the state or condition now called profound mental retardation.

i think it is a term that seems to have an increased usage to describe peoples actions nowadays.

Back to the original topic of pushing people into pools:

I know a young man who has major congenital problems with his ears, and it would be disasterous if he was pushed into a pool. It could do permanent damage to his hearing.

People seem to think that pushing people into pools is harmless fun, but it is not. It can have very serious consequences, especially when combined with alcohol and a lack of judgement.

As for the phone, would it be worth claiming it on contents insurance caryl?

I will be honest ive done it before but only when i am 100% sure that the person has no phone keys wallet etc.. on them and would only do it to mates .

pretty much when we go to the pool and then they p around about the water is a bit too cold so they dont want to go in yet. or at the beach where one of us would grab the hands and another will grab their feet and we will carry them out as far as we can

I know the same would happen to me too and the person the person will laugh after so it is all good.

But we would never do it to someone we don't know

I will be honest ive done it before but only when i am 100% sure that the person has no phone keys wallet etc.. on them and would only do it to mates .

pretty much when we go to the pool and then they p around about the water is a bit too cold so they dont want to go in yet. or at the beach where one of us would grab the hands and another will grab their feet and we will carry them out as far as we can

I know the same would happen to me too and the person the person will laugh after so it is all good.

But we would never do it to someone we don't know

It's different when you're actually in your togs and intending to go swimming - and as you say, you know each other and you know what to expect. But doing it to strangers is just stupid.

Not something I would have done either

Though and I am not trying to place any blame on your son as I am sure he never expected it but even if I am not interested in swimming if I going to be right on the edge of the pool where I might get wet I wouldnt have my fone in my pocket

Find out the name of the person and get them to replace the fone

If he wont come to the party inform him the Police will be involved

If he is a stranger what do you have to lose

Brad