Any shooters

Ant N

Ira, At my club it costs $2 to hire a club rifle for the night plus $5 range fees and $6 ammo, total $13 for 50 rounds of smile,(or grimace of frustration!) :wink: No FAL required because you are under supervision all the time. We have four clubs in the Auckland area, so there is a lot of interest. I was lucky to get some hunting down around Gisbourne before New Years, Brought home a Fallow stag, Yumm, venison in the freezer. Saw my oldest shoot his first goat with his own 22. Special times.Cool.

I am a regular user of Bang Sticks, Usually my .17HMR to get bunnioes out the 150m. Last big game trip was a nice young spiker with my .270 down south. Have got MGS (multiple gun syndrome) as well as to many tanks.

Am waiting for the entry papers for the Easter Bunny Hunt in Alexandra to come in. A great time and doing to country a service.

I have various rifles and shotguns,back home in NZ,but living in Ireland,it is a bit harder to get a permit,and the land to use them is harder again to get(no public land here).A couple of mates here have permits,1 for deer,but I havn't been out with him.Another has .22 and shotgun permit,and permits for a 9mm and a .22 pistol.Unlike NZ,the permit for pistols here is "to own,carry and use",so we have them on the hip when up in the hills.In theory you can take it anywhere,anytime,but for obvious reasons,a bit of cop-on is needed!Great fun though.

I was extremely lucky living in the Scottish Highlands to be friendly with some game-keepers,so got to do a lot of deer stalking,which others had to pay several hundred pounds per day to do.

I miss the hunting available back home,but hope to get back at some stage.

Yes, we do have a lot to be grateful for, living in NZ. There is still the opportunity for normal "Joe Blow" to hunt, fish and grow to feed the family. I hope the selling off of public/maori land and the strengthening of the "anti-fun" brigade doesn't ruin the special place we have.

You really do have it sweet there,I dive a bit here and the scallops are massive,and plentiful enough too,but theres a 'no take' policy on all shellfish.No spearfishing either.The UK allows some scallop taking,but not here.

But then you don't have streams of whisky :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

i have just become a farm hand so am getting my license info sorted at the mo. i have used a 10/22 ruger for about 10 years that belongs to my uncle. i plan on getting the fully suppressed ruger, synthetic stock & scope which will have the hare numbers reduced quickly out here.

i also enjoy duck/clay bird shooting but no keen on bush walking. :D