On a brighter note....

phoenix44

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a few gigs of pics at least! lol

the congos, emperors and rummy noses were new additions that are now gone.

i think the problem started with 6 serpae tetras I introduced in there.

never again *shakes head.

its a nightmare man.... as long as my clown loaches and the one butterfly plec survives ill be happy.

amoxocyllin is on its way for my tank, lol...

a marine biologist friend of mine in greece suggested that i add a small amount of copper sulfate in the tank to kill the nasties.

done that too. i think all i can do now is wait and see what happens. if i medicate any more i may just kill the fish cause of over medication, lol...

that last water change i did seems to have helped a bit. the bolivians are swimming though i can only see 3 of them. i think i will lose 1 big clown loach but i cant see the others. so fingers crossed.

Thanks everyone, you have all been so helpful - im actually quite amazed at how much concern has been expressed! :bow::hail: to all of you!

im hoping someone out there knows exactly what on earth is truly going on.

Oh my – I'm so sorry for your losses! I'm afraid I don't know what's happening to your poor wee fishes, but I can commiserate. A mystery disease chomped through my collection of Black Widows early this year and I've got a mystery ulcer-y thing chewing up my favourite female fighter. I hope things come right for you soon. :-?

the fish look much better now guys, i think the copper and the water change helped heaps. i lost a large solitary clownie that ive had for ever - he used to hang out with the ghost and not the other clownies, but he always had the first handfeed serving of the day, lol...

navarre - ive heard that too, but when you have no option then you have no option. oxytetracycline is used in human eyes as a cure for tracoma, so i presume the scaleless fish will be ok. i hope so any ways, lol..

im very bummed about the larger fish losses, would have been ok if the tetras had gone, but it seemslike the fish with the personalities (my favourites) are going...Thanks for the kind words everyone.

just thought i'd keep you guys posted on whats going on now..... there are no mortalities i know of today...

the tank is treated with a mixture of quinine, melachite green, meth blue and acriflavin.

fish seem happier, but the eye thing is still a little creepy.

any ideas if it will grow back, from a cavity? may not have vision. but was wondering if it would regenerate.

sorry to hear about that!

i know how you feel,

our old tank heater was faulty and over cooked the fish

came home to see the water boiling and fish floating upside down!

Wasn't a good day, but the pet shop replaced the heater (phew!)

Hope all turns out well with your survivors!

good luck :D

v v interesting thought. i had turned my cannister off when i medicated, so i will do a water test on what's in there and let you know how it turns out. thanks for that tsarmina....

i use an eheim 2010 with an air pump attached to in for aeration, and additional water flow over the heater etc.