Post some pics of you livebearers!

livebearer_breeder

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is very similar to the snakeskin that I got from the LFS a month or two ago. Its body patter follows down into its tail but mine isn't as solid yellow as yours. Depending on the angle you look at mine it can look anywhere from a orange/yellow colour to a yellow/green colour. I have tried to take pictures of it but its just not possible as I just can't get close enough with my camera to take a clear picture. I currently have mine with my yellow/golden females :D One has had babies so hopefully next drop of fry I hope to have some snakeskins :D

• 1 month later...

Well its not a flash male guppy but I did manage to get some lovely half black females with purple/black tails. I have got another tank set up and hoping to get another two 2ft tanks in the christmas holidays (YAY!!!). I am putting these females with my two solid blacks and hope to get some cool colours.

Well heres a pic of the females but you can only see the purple in one female (due to angle, they are fighting over the bristlenose sinking tab).

cheers

045.jpg

:bounce: :bounce: Looking good PENEJANE!!!

She doesn’t look to dissimilar to the bulk of our females (grey blue tail), which we plan to go with our Black Snakeskins (currently in good hands until we setup), will have to wait and see what is produced with this crossover. A busy summer for us once finished Uni. we have to set up our two tanks sitting on the floor (2ft & 4ft). Still waiting on stands, have to paint the backs of tanks, then hope to get three nice planed tanks and some kind of breeding plan for our Guppies up and running in a very minor way. Anyway I hope the breeding of your black guppies goes well.

Cheers for that

I am hoping to produce more black/blues and now maybe purple if it comes through. I am getting two more 2ft tanks like I already have. One for the fry to grow out in, one for my blacks and one for the rest. I have got females that have yellow/blue/blue,green/red,blue/black/purple tails. I am starting to get some very nice coloured youngsters which I might put up on trademe over the next month once they are a little bigger.

Cheers :D

:bounce:

Looks different, i must say orange is rare in females, very nice guppys, so it runs more or less true then?

Shae

The real fish is not that orange actually. I guess it is because of the backgroud and perhaps the lighting. :wink:

:oops: "Breed true" is a new term for me. I just did search and got a definition:

A phenotype for a simply-inherited trait is said to breed true if two parents with that phenotype produce offspring of that same phenotype exclusively.

I suppose I could find out only when their offsprings grow up. Right? :o

Anyway, here are what I have now:

fries2.jpg

fries1.jpg

Well we all learn new things every day.

this is something for you to learn:- if they do breed true(or close) I would like some :lol:

as Shae said they are different, very interesting colouration :D

good luck growing the bab's.

If you need need advise on growing guppys very fast this is the place to do it.

I finaly got a good pic of one of my guppys

7November007.jpg

I have been working with these for about a year now, and they have been breeding true for about 4 months. I have recently found another male of simaler colour, so i have put him with my females, but am expecting a few throw backs.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks shiuh, I see you have some great guppies too.

Your bottomsword tail guppy is cool as. (have you breed him)

The fry tanks are about $10-$15 from the warehouse.

somewhere along the line, i have lost him. as he is weak and lost in appetite. :(