Post some pics of you livebearers!

livebearer_breeder

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

hello again,

heres me bored as hell last nite. waiting for my fish to pose for the camera. took about 100 shot but down to a few good ones. hope you guys enjoy it.

bottomswordtail.jpg

a bottomsword tail guppy. hes the shy one.

well, what i do is turn off the lights, when the fish is "sleeping" get a digital camera and take as many shots as you can. and choose from there.

Set your camera to micro mode for still object pictures. manually adjust them if you have to. fast shutter mode is good too. as fish tends to be so quick and move a lot....its a good idea to take pics of them when they are sleep and still. that way you can really get close and focus onto them.

go to the fun section of this forum. i have setup a post regarding fish photography. other people has also post up their nice pictures to share!!

Cool guppies, really nice colourings.

I have had quite a few in the past but my only livebearer (as of yesterday) is a yellow platy girl called Bonnie. No swordtails either, really lacking in livebearers at the moment. I don't have a lot of luck with guppies they seem to die really easily.

Keep posting pics, its always good to look at other peoples fishies!! :)

• 4 weeks later...

My pictures are still crap but you can see the basic colours and patterns.

This picture is of a male from my first drop of fry just after Easter.

Hes half black with a light blueish/white fin on top and a multi coloured tail with spots. I think hes purdy...... for a fish hahaha :lol:

I have had another drop of fry over the last fortnight so it would be interesting to see how many other colours I get. I have also got a male that is showing colours of white and purple tones in its tail.

enjoy

077.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very pretty penejane.

Matt-Man, that fly spray beside you tank concerns me. NEVER spray flies anywhere near a tank, pump or filters unless you cover it well. I only spray flies at the other end of the room to the tank and mine has a glass lid plus another wooden one over that!.