COLDWATER NANO! WARNING LOTS PICS!!!!

A-town...

started a cw nano couple of weeks ago and seems to be going well so will add photos.

have collected things from several beaches and the tank looks awesome.

enjoy

comments welcome!

JEBO LIGHT

620 Powerhead

38 litres -+

Coral rock

Coral sand

342934758.jpg

342934772.jpg

342934789.jpg

342934797.jpg

342934804.jpg

342934808.jpg

342934814.jpg

342934821.jpg

342934827.jpg

will post new pics when I get diff things. and try get more pics ;)

ooks awesome A town

It may just be the curved glass or something but your tanks looks bigger than 38 litres

are you thinking of adding any fish in there?

What livestock do you have in there so far?

Thanks! Yea just the curved glass. Looking at trying to catch some fish dunno what yet spotted a awesome fish the other day but swam away :evil: . The livestock consists of

anenomes

Crabs

mussels

Worms

Snails

its basicalls one big living tank nearly everything is live :o

Aaron-Betta

Mean! Gunna have to have a squizz next time I am over.

Dunno if il let you in my room :o lol nah thats cool :lol:

no chiller no protein skimmer just what I listed at the top :lol:

I ran a protein skimmer on but was too noisey for my room. rock pools dont have much circulation appart from when the tide comes in and all the crashing waves. its temp is quite low at the morning even yesterday (really hot) the anenomies are absolutely loving their new tank they have all opened up and look very healthy!

Rockpools still have quality water, flushed out twice a day at least, are you going to do this??

Those anenomes require pristine water, unless you are doing large regular - at LEAST 50% weekly - they will slowly die.

You dont have good lighting, so the anenomes will need to be regularly fed, again, how are you going to keep water quality, with no skimmer, and requirements to feed alot??

Mussels will not survive long term in a tank, they require plankton, they will also die, and without any filtration and an immature tank, they will quickly pollute and kill your system.

in the old days i ran a 4 foot tank for 3 years with undergravel filter plates and heaps of air stones and berlin air powered skimmer added after 6 months

i was doing 20% waterchanges weekly

the anenomes can be a problem as they die slowly and still look alright even when past the point of no return

took 2 months to settle in and did 50% waterchanges 2 x weekly while setting up

some rockpool stuff will take sustained higher temps, most won't

just remember if you find something in a rockpool it doesn't necessarily live there full time and may have just arrived on the last tide

Rockpools still have quality water, flushed out twice a day at least, are you going to do this??

Those anenomes require pristine water, unless you are doing large regular - at LEAST 50% weekly - they will slowly die.

You dont have good lighting, so the anenomes will need to be regularly fed, again, how are you going to keep water quality, with no skimmer, and requirements to feed alot??

Mussels will not survive long term in a tank, they require plankton, they will also die, and without any filtration and an immature tank, they will quickly pollute and kill your system.

tru