Pictures of your Frog Tanks?

Rozski

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Froglets came out this arvo (otherwise they are very good at hiding! lol)

They are only tiny (like 1.5cm) and the perspex is grubby, so were difficult to try and get sharp:

Froggle.jpg

IMG_6771.jpg

PS. converting the files from raw to jpg seems to have made them really grainy for some reason. Grrr. Ah well, you get the idea :roll:

oooo nice albinos, I really like them, they're so bright

The whistlers I have came from Animates in Palmy (last 2) I was told a lady had caught them down near Himitangi I think and brought them in. Frog hunt anyone? I would like more at some stage :wink:

Apparently they are getting a heap of whistling tadpoles soon too

wow love that albino very nice and healthy!!!!! how much are you feeding it?

not alot tbh i just chuck crickets in every other day along with moths and flies i catch when feal like giving something differant, oh and also let some slaters go on the driftwood so probably a few still lerking if they havent drownd :)

also meat on a kebab scuer (sp) but they not too keen on tht atm and mealworms they love but as tanks got water in atm havent been feeding those,

it really surprises me how little they eat but that could be cos tanks been unheatered for couple of weeks with only basking light for heat, now got heater in there and spray bar for rain cycle which they love, caught one shedding the other day which was cool to see.

Rozski - himatangi hmmm lol i used to know of some around levin but went for a hike yesterday only to find ponds almost dried up dammit id love to setup nice display tank with whistlers again :)

Just had some fun. Went out with my fish net and found one of the grapefruits from out tree in the yard that had fallen off. Covered in fruit flies of course, so held net over fruit and kicked it. Voila, flies all fly into net, cardboard over net opening, and transfer to tank.

Both frogs were like "Hey! I see that" and one caught a few. The others a bit of a tard, it jumped and missed twice :roll:

I think they are used to their tank now though, they have come out more often today and sit on the sides or ferns (instead of hiding under the driftwood)

maybe worth starting some wingless fruitfly cultures they are so prolific im ending up with excess that goes into the freezer atm, im gonna try as fish food later, but yea theyd be perfect for whistlers..

just caught another frog shedding - abit hard to see loose skin but anyway still see the motion it goes through :D

th_MOV07016.jpg

yep abit hard to see in the pic but was some loose skin around its mouth and front leg. ive seen them using the front legs to sorta wipe the skin off to but i think i disturbed it with camera in its face lol

also i think they eat the skin as very rarely see one in the water....call me mad but i could watch them for hours :lol:

Hi guys

New to this but will give this pic thing a go. Have only the one frog at this stage and presuming he/she is a golden bell! let me know if I'm wrong. Not sure if frogs need the company of other frogs or not but I finally have time to finish tank and get more frogs. .

Q. tank is roughly 300lt so what would be a suitable amount, 3-4-6!! will two males fight or should i have more girls than boys, not worried about breeding and have no trouble finding food.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

?action=view&current=frogs.jpg

?action=view&current=frogs1.jpg