Conference 2009

Spink

Can anyone confirm the dates for the Rings Beach 2009 Conference for me?

I need to book my leave in advance, and I'm not sure of the dates yet.

Queens Birthday weekend (usually when it's held?) is observed Monday 1st June next year, so one would assume conference over that weekend, starting Saturday 30th May???

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Cheers!

Hi Stella,

Yes, I did get a job!

I've been a little slow to announce it, but I did make sure I let Caryl down gently :wink:

I am going to be the new Store Manager for Pagani in Queensgate - for those that don't know it's a womans clothing store.

I told them straight up that I have a holiday planned for Queens Birthday, and now I just need to confirm the dates to them :bounce:

Hi Stella,

Yes, I did get a job!

I've been a little slow to announce it, but I did make sure I let Caryl down gently :wink:

I am going to be the new Store Manager for Pagani in Queensgate - for those that don't know it's a womans clothing store.

I told them straight up that I have a holiday planned for Queens Birthday, and now I just need to confirm the dates to them :bounce:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :bounce: :bounce:

What is meant to be, is meant to be. :D

Queens Birthday is always the first Monday in June so 2009 will be Monday 1st June. The conference weekend starts on Friday evening May 29th (registration time and get-together) and finishes Monday June 1st.

I like the colours in Pagani but most of the fashions are too young for a mature woman like me :roll: 8) :lol:

You will be pleased to finally have a job again spink. I am sure you will still have time to write articles though 8) although you have written more already than many others put together!!

Thanks Caryl!

I'm planning to have from the Thursday right through to Tuesday, so I want to make a good weekend of it and have a nice break.

Pagani may have something for you Caryl, you never know! Some of it isn't even to my taste, but there are things I do like, and things I would buy for my Mum as well. I will take each day as it comes and see how I go.

And as for articles: I wrote another one about the Livebearer Show from my perspective, but just need to put some finishing touches on it before sending it through.I suppose you're already halfway through the next one :roll:

I am almost finished Feb (mostly thanks to you and your articles) and also working on May :wink: . Send stuff anyway as I can't always use every article in the next issue if I get more than one on a specific subject. I try to cover as many different aspects of fish keeping as I can each mag so some will get held over for the next issue.

IT IS SO GREAT TO HAVE SOME TO HOLD OVER!!!! :hail::hail: :bounce: :bounce: :bow::bow:

Hey seen as how I've written so many articles, can i auction off my extra beds I earnt by doing them? I could make a mint selling space on the floor! :lol:

Just kidding!

I must be overdue to write something on Marines again, just to cover all my bases. :wink:

I wanted to make sure i had a place to stay as soon as I heard about it, so I got typing!

Now I just enjoy finding out about something new, and lending Caryl a hand at the same time, although now I will be working, i don't know where I will find the time!

I think it was a great idea to have people write an article to book a bed too - it gets people involved, and makes it easier for those on a lesser income.

I'm really looking forward to my first Conference!

So I guess I don't have too much hope of finding others to share my petrol costs :wink:

Come on guys, what's wrong with you all!!!!!

A holiday, private beach, great company, lots of fish talk.....maybe that's what's putting people off!!!!

It really doesn't take much to write an article, so for those that haven't yet, give it a go! I'd love to see the look on Caryl's face when she has TWO Aquarium World's done in advance!!!

What's the lowdown on the conference, beds, writing articles, etc. Am guessing I'm probably not the only newbie who has no idea what's involved and you might get lots more people attending if they know about it :wink: Sounds like a lot of fun..are they run every year, where's this years conference being held? :D

Don't worry Tracy, I'm pretty new too, but here's what I know:

- Conference is held every year, different location, and it's a chance for the Federation Exec to do stuff, as much as a social occasion for club members as well

- clubs can offer to host the Conference, and some members in the area help organize accommodation, billeting, excursions etc

- Conference 2009 is at Rings Beach in the Coromandel, hosted by the ever gracious John Eastwood

- because there is limited accommodation, there was a condition imposed this year that anyone wanting a bed had to write an article for the AQ to reserve a space - it is sort of as much to help out Caryl as well as give a great opportunity for members and delegates to get in early

Hope that helps!

Conference is always a lot of fun and I'm sure next years will be fantastic too.

There is a serious side when the FNZAS sets its goals for the coming year and elects its officers for the next 12 months but thats very interesting too.

I encourage all to attend if they can you won't regret it :)