National Fish Show and Expo

Warren

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

If you want your fish to be on display then yes, just mention on the form they are not for the show. If you are only going to auction them and don't need a place to put them then no. If the fish are small they should be ok in a bag for most of the weekend as long as you can keep them warm and bring an air supply.

I would recommend putting them in the show or expo however. If they are good enough specimens to sell then they are good enough to put on display.

Oh, damn, I just had a look at the schedule in the mag, so if I want the fish to have a tank(I'm not worried much about showing them, just don't want to risk them being in bags that long) then I'll either have to go for two days or see if I can get someone local to take them up for me.

Anyone in the Wellington area heading up there on the 24th that might be able to take a chillybin full of fish for me?

Hi Ira,

I'm not very local being in Carterton but if you can't find anyone closer to home whose going I won't mind taking them up. We would have to meet somewhere like the summit. Let me know if I can help

Donna

Ira, why not take a sponge filter and a heater and use the chilly bin itself as a temporary tank?

Another option would be to get a couple of cheap plastic containers such as the ones in the Warehouse and run a small filter and a heater in that. I have one of those set up for rearing some fry at the moment. They work fine as long as they're not on display.

Hi Ira

:)

Rex and I are traveling up to Havelock North ( Arataki Motel) on Friday, we would have room for a chilly bin. We are taking another member of Wellington Aquarium and Water Garden Society with us but I'm sure we will have room.

We live at Paraparaumu Beach.

Give us a ring on 04 902 0161 to discuss how and where ?

There are also some rooms still available.

Hear from you soon.

Sue :P

im also going to the show so if they r ppl in auckland how wood like some fish taken or a ride to the show messages me and ill see what i can do.

ill be leaveing here on friday about 10am 24th so fish will need to be here the night before(i can floot them if need be ) or in the morr and be pack for the trip and name of who's there r so ppl in napier kown who's they r plz.

cheers bikiegirl .

PS ; be back 27th monday

Hey everyone, where are all the fish show entries!

It's not going to be much of a show unless you enter it. To date I have entries for 15 fish. We've still got 24 days to go before the show but I'd rather have your entries sooner than later. The last National Fish show had 480 entries. I don't want to get all the entries in the last 2 days.

Please get your entries to me as soon as you can...