Help Livingart Wildlife Park (Tauranga)-DREAMS DO COME TRUE!

Lucid

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait til I get to visit you next year Mark - I will bring the wet celery

Just so long as she doesn't call in because she was just pissing by your doorway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just so thrilled at this outcome. The last two days have seemed so long and by late last night I was convinced it must be bad news ......... so this is just fantastic. Congratulations to you both. It's been a long hard fight and I imagine you must almost be in a state of shock now.

Cheers

Jude

We will be keeping up the work for funding etc to help do up the park and help get things sorted to help out as much as we can. Not a lot we can do from here as such, which is hard to deal with when we know so much needs to be done, but will be running Auctions and getting a Trademe Charity going for the long term. Will be keeping up the Living Arts Bebo Page (please do support that!) And will be trying to sort out working bees etc. Main works done here by us all, but so much more we want to achieve for the Park also. Mystic & our wee family intend to stay close and continue our help for Mark & Caroline, even from as far as Wellington, because we still believe that this Dream was worth saving, and these fantastic people deserve our continuous help.

So come on people, distance shouldnt make you help any less! If we can do it, anyone can!

Please do keep up all that great work people, look what has been achieved by sticking together and helping out as much as we all could. I know there are some fantastic people out there, some that have given more than others, but every litlle bit counts aye. There are also some very caring and loving people that can and will put their minds to it and give their all to help someone else, and believe in someone elses Dreams, and make those Dreams come true or to help carry on the Dream of 2 wonderful people that would give anything to help another person, and to help Animals in need, and all you people that have done this for them, have really touched Mystic & I very much, as well as Mark & Caroline.

Keep up that great support all! :bow:

We are always here for you Mark & Caroline. :bow:

(Our first mission is over .......................................... )

Lucid, Mystic & The Boys

thanks to all for the works and words

you have 2 years to visit in before we go down this road again:D

last night was not good for me had managed to sort out over 900 k of finance and the lawyer told me at 5 oclock that i had to find 35k more to preload into the banks accounts after finding 120k for the same purpose the day before

this had to be done by 12 noon, pretty down night, no sleep

had it done by 9 0clock this morning :wink:

the universe was smiling on me :D

We are having a sausage sizzle outside Animates Tauranga and all proceeds go to Living Art. 20-21 September 2008. Animates on the Corner of Cameron Rd and 1st Ave in Tauranga. Please come and support Mark and the Wildlife Park, tell everyone.!! Thank you to Animates Tauranga for supporting Mark. Congratulations Mark and Caroline we always had faith that things would work out and it will be great to watch your dream become a realty. Thanks to all those people who have supported Mark and Caroline, as one we can't do much but as a whole we can all. You and Caroline are always in our prayers. :bounce:

Shell shock is an excellent description - exactly what I would be feeling if I was in your shoes. Get as much rest as you can and eat plenty of weetbix - you will be back to normal in no time :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess you will still have an ongoing battle to keep the park running and meet the mortgage repayments. I am sure there will be ongoing support from this forum to help with that.

Give Caroline a hug from me - you have both been in my thoughts and she must be as shell shocked as you are.

new19sep1.jpg

Tauranga wildlife park is finally safe

by Alison King

Tears of joy replaced tears of sadness at the Living Art Wildlife Park yesterday as the owners celebrated the saving of their home.

Mark and Caroline Paterson have been close to losing their 14-year project on several occasions in the past five weeks.

The death knell sounded on Monday when the couple ran out of time to stop an auction for the Barkes Corner property. But bids stopped short of the reserve and the Patersons were given one last chance to turn the situation around.

"We're back in action again," Mark said.

"A cloud has lifted and the sun is shining."

He said everything was in place to save the park and it would be signed off by September 26.

Last month the Bay of Plenty Times reported the couple were in the red to the tune of $700,000 with one finance company calling in a loan.

A High Court injunction was sought and the couple received a month's stay of execution to find $100,000 and satisfy a lending agreement.

Crucial to their safety was the subdivision of a section at the back of the property. The subdivision came through on Monday _ the day of a second auction _ but the Patersons were still short of the required funds.

The auction went ahead but was passed in at $610,000 for negotiations.

"Those negotiations meant we had time to try to save it. The finance company came back and told me they would prefer us to stay," said Mark.

So after more negotiations and with two years of mortgage repayments to find as well as $35,000 in subdivision costs it was all on once again.

"A lady came in yesterday and made a big donation _ five figures. She's been talking to me for the last five weeks and asking what was going on and how she could help.

"She said it [the auction] couldn't be allowed to happen. She came back yesterday and asked how things were going and that she was going to give me a donation. She held out the cheque and I couldn't believe it. It was mind-blowing.

"I believe there is someone upstairs who looks after this place," said Mark.

He said he and Caroline cried tears of joy yesterday as they realised they and their 600 animals would finally be safe.

In the past few weeks he said they had received dozens of food parcels and scores of donations. Visitor numbers have also improved with the finer weather and an application for a zoo licence to hold exotic animals is close to being completed.

As a thank you to all their supporters they are planning an open day in the near future.

It'd be really cool for people from the Wellington area (and people on the way, of course) to organise a group to go up to the open day - it'd be awesome to meet everyone who's been working so hard to keep the park open, and of course, to see the park itself...what do you think?

open day the 11th of october as our way of saying thanks to everyone

sausage sizzle etc any other ideas for the day

big thanks to jim sy and animates for the animates sausage sizzle their staff are funding the sausages as well, thank you

caroline has been hugged, you can't hug me though because of too many weetbix :D

you get the news before i do ballistic :wink:

big thanks to Jazz at animates, the animates team and Jim Sy and family, cricketman and his lady for yjeir help on the weekend

:hail::hail: all hail to you all

Mystic and ballistic get extra hugs for keeping the ball rolling

and mystic for all her hard work, cheers guys

almost gave up at one stage of the game but looked at all the support we were getting and thought

"this is worth the battle"

so it wasn't just us who need congratulating but everyone involved deserves a pat on the back, it was a combined effort

OH MY GOSH...I've missed so many threads on account of not being on here much over the summer. I've just finished going through this thread. It was very upsetting to think that all this "LIFE AND BEAUTY" that livingart and his wife worked so hard to keep was going to be lost. Yet, it was very uplifting to see sooooo many people eager to help in anyway they could :bow::bow: Somewhere in all these threads and my time on here I missed that you had this wonderful park livingart!

CONGRATULATIONS

To Mark & Caroline...and to all you amazing people who did everything you could to help. :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

How did the working bee go?

Caper

Were only glad we could help Mark

Mark and Caroline are generous and deserving people, and hopefully il be able to get that fernery sorted out sooner rather then later.

as for the working bee, ill "fly" over to marks today and see what teh "buzz" is on when he wants it done... then itll just be a matter of a date...

as soon as said date is agreed one of us will post it up and we can organise what we need to do.

Id also like to say thankyou to all those that made this weekends sausage sizzle etc happen, it was a great day for everyone, even if i nearly lost a finger to clarry a couple times :lol: