Help Livingart Wildlife Park (Tauranga)-DREAMS DO COME TRUE!

Lucid

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning everybody.

We have our truck with a load heading from Broadlands - Taupo to Living Art this morning.

It will be in Rotorua about 10 - 10.30am. Using Old Taupo Road and heading to Tauranga Direct Road.

If you have any donated items you would like collected along the way please PM me ASAP so we can organise where to collect - or meet the truck.

This is a personal 'courier' as such for a huge donation Mystic and Lucid have organised. The more we can get on the load, the better.

I know it is short notice, but if you can get to the truck along the way, it would be much appreciated.

Hope to hear from you soon.

a few more to the list of donations

Mystic & Lucid

Seahorse Crazy

Helmbright

Moa Digital

Marklb

Imsweet

Hewitt Donation

shooshie

Ingrid

H Connor

Bergersen

Helenmac fnzas

Purzotics

Padfbailey

Deposit

Jonathan Anikokiri

Donation C Lincoln

Jimbob

Marechal

Donna Maree

Psis

Sandysme

L M T & L J Dowling

Bird Zoo Donation

Roberts J C

N M Sara

Glasgow M&J

Jenny Gift

Ingrid

Cheers Cheers Cheers

Bulldogod

V L Thompson

C V Bo

Dodunski

Simian

Price,J T

Carznkats

Tze-

Jensen M L

Shadowfax

Minchton Fnzas Hope Helps

Again thank you :hail

need a lawyer that does charitable trusts now, anyone know of one?

well done for the feed :bounce:

what other ideas are there out there to raise coin,,

Sauage sizzle,

Car boot sale,

Cake sale,

School mufti day,

Flyers on windscreens.

Flyers with paper or junk mail run,

The radio,

TM sales,

Are there more,

Plenty of good ideas there alien, I think the biggest thing at this point of the game is for people to get stuck in and see if they can't organise something.

mystic and I have been up late most nights firing emails off to various places, and have made a fair number of phone calls aswell.

It's great that people have all these ideas and there are many that I wouldn't of thought of, but we really do need to get some of them into action.

Lucid

so ture i would do some of the flyers, to pets shops, mail boxes etc but have no idea how to word it, picture to use, or how to put donations to info if it legal or not to have in plain veiw of strangers, in different town ,,

dads organised animates in tauranga to do a sausage sizzle on the pet fun day when ever that is.

indeed he has organized a sausage sizzle at the animates next fun day

with proceeds going towards the effort to save the park

big thanks to Jim and to Animates local and head office to allow this to happen :hail:

Great going people, lets keep those ideas going!

Hopefully have gotten a few more donations, and great to see a few of the Trademe things going through. Remeber you can list stuff under NetDeal (http://www.netdeal.co.nz/) for free also, which is great! Getting a area donated from there to get our own heading etc, should be up soon. :)

Also good going for the Sausage Sizzle Organising: http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/mark-vt33237.html would love if others can try this also, or give some support in some way?

We are over-whelmed with the help we are all getting at this time.

FANTASTIC! :)

Lucid

I've been blown away by all the ideas and offers of help here. It's been amazing.

PLEASE everyone, consider putting some of these ideas into action because the park is now down to three weeks before the deadline.

I am busy sewing a quilt to sell on Trademe but unfortunately, its not a quick project.

The caring and support that's been shown here is heartwarming, renews my faith in the human race :hail::hail::hail::bow::bow::bow:

has renewed our faith in the human race too

an update, was asked how things were going so thought i would post the reply as an up date

we are holding up well, the public support and well wishers have been fantastic, the fish forum being the catalyst for it all :hail:

we are currently setting up a charitable trust as there have been quite a few donations, and we need to ensure it is seen to be above board.

the trust will be set up to look after the animals welfare and progress the park onto a sounder financial footing

we are also pursuing other finance options to ensure the future of the park is more solid

the battle is not over though, so it is head down, bottom up and get through this, we are still fighting to make the interim injunction on the

mortgagee sale into an injunction to allow finances to be sorted

we are currently trying to reduce numbers of animals in our care to cut down expenses with some offers of homes being taken up

a lady came in today to pledge $1,000 towards the upkeep of the saltwater pool and the penguin rescue we do

so all is progressing well, but not fast enough

it is hard living with an axe over your head, but then we built this place from nothing with nothing,

the bigger the prize the tougher the battle

thanks to all for the continued support :hail:

cheers

mark

sorry should have mentioned that silvia15:oops:

but i don't count my chickens before they are hatched and on the perch :D

silvia15 has done some good work behind the scenes as well

there are many people who have been touched by this and it truly has been a humbling experience