HRV

Zabman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a DVS works great for getting rid of condensation and with dry air it makes it easier/quicker to heat the house in the winter, in summer I put it down to a low setting otherwise your house becomes an oven...make sure they give you the right type of controller for your home so it cuts out when its a hot day and the roof spaces is hotter than 17 degrees otherwise its a disaster...you can get a bit of a cold blast in winter but my advice is if an outlet goes in the bedroom get it blocked on one side so the air dosen't circulate on your bed

overall you can buy a cheap ducting kit from bunnings and if you know an electrician get them to install it works the same and a cheaper option - also if people have fire places in their home it can circulate the smell in your house if you don't get an additional charcoal filter.... I have a 4 bdrm house and found HRV really expensive for exactly the same product as DVS