Arowana Pic... OLD POSTS Check Dates before replying

Your pic is really cool as well TA. How did you find him with the Clown Knife? We have a Clown Knife but ours is still small under 20cm. But one day my partner would like to get him a big tank of his own. The arowana is in a 1000litre tank its just the blue paint that looks like a swimming pool.

Your pic is really cool as well TA. How did you find him with the Clown Knife? We have a Clown Knife but ours is still small under 20cm. But one day my partner would like to get him a big tank of his own. The arowana is in a 1000litre tank its just the blue paint that looks like a swimming pool.

I had to seperate them during feeding, but other than that they got on really well

• 1 month later...

simple dog psycology.

I am the biggest fish in the tank, no one comes near me unless they want a beating :)

I also have a giant gourmai that is 1.5 feet long, I had to slap here in the fac e twice before she learnt that I am the big fish.

My arowana, I had to scare once, and now he knows :)

When I'm in the tank, everybody hides, and I don't get bitten

I would say around 5inches at this stage and a very very happy wee thing.

Feeding had been a wee issue he had been eating a special arowana food but they no longer bring it into the country so had to change it.

That was rather simple starved him for 3 days then put in new brand food into tank some JBL stuff i was given a sample to try ( I can find out what it is if you wanted to try it out ) but he seems to like it so its all good.

A good friend of mine has 3 arowanas, 1 black, 1 voilet fusion and 1 red tail gold they use shrimp 99% of the time and on the odd feeding pellet food.

This little fish is paying for a holiday overseas will be selling him at some stage the price will be up there as only 3 in NZ and not to sure if anymore will be imported.

This is my first arowana so still finding out all the info i can if i can be of anymore help let me know

tanks size 36 - 18 - 18

ph 6.5, loads of plants ( they are a good filter )

temp 25

water turn over 400l ph so tank turns over twice an hour and a peat base ( good for plants and keeps ph down ) low ph is good so im told anything below 7 so you dont run the risk of ammonia