Rarotonga

Im in rarotonga at the moment, so good watching the news to see all the heavy snow and wind warnings. Its to hot here to wear t shirt and shorts!

Anyways ive been snorkling every day which is amazing like swimming in a huge marine tank but better. Ive got lots of photos which i will add later since the internet connection here is crap. Also the house is over run with geckos and skinks, do you think customs may find the few in my bag? :D

Anyways has anyone else been here and can recommend good places to go swim and see?

Ohhhhhhh to be Sparky Nat right now.... :) :lol: And to have the temptation of those lizards/geckos :P:D

Sounds like you are having a great time 8)

Sorry can't recommend anywhere tho, shame my Uncle wasn't in the country I could have hit him up about Raro, he went last year and stayed there for rather sometime, he has past travelled the world boat building and painting.

Anyways has anyone else been here and can recommend good places to go swim and see?

Have a look on Lonely Planet's Thorn Tree forum. You might find something interesting or get some good answers if you put up a question. I always find it a fabulous site for travel ideas.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/f ... wordid=164

Where are you staying - just hire a motorcycle and go for a ride around the island stopping off for a snorkel on the way. We spent our week there doing just that and it was great. Different fish in different places too. There is a waterfall if theres been rain that you could go look at but its more fun lying in the sun, and snorkeling imo. :D

I know its not Rarotonga, but when i was in fiji i spent hours and hours snorkling. The only downside was these horrible biting things in the water. I never saw them but i sure felt them. Kinda feels like tiny pin pricks.

Warning, these may not seem to bad at the time, but if you react to sandfly and mossie bites then when you wake up the next day you will be covered in red itchy dots. They were everywhere, yup even there :o

Did i mention they get real itchy. led to a very uncomfortable flight back home.

But it was worth it. would happily do it again, but this time ill take some antihistamines.

323961093.jpg

323961215.jpg

yip we fly out to Aitutaki on saturday for 4 nights. Got some great photos of fish and lizards.

The locals seem to know the better places, they are not always on the maps and you may have to walk through backards to get 2 them.

I know its not Rarotonga, but when i was in fiji i spent hours and hours snorkling. The only downside was these horrible biting things in the water. I never saw them but i sure felt them. Kinda feels like tiny pin pricks.

Warning, these may not seem to bad at the time, but if you react to sandfly and mossie bites then when you wake up the next day you will be covered in red itchy dots. They were everywhere, yup even there

They would be sea lice, nasty little buggers! had a run in with them at a beach in aussie