Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DWARF FLAG CICHLIDS

Featured Replies

Hi All

Well just another post and piccies for your eyes.

I can now announce that I have managed to spawn the 'DWARF FLAG" Cichlids, Aequidens Curviceps.

DwarfFlagCichlidswitheggs02-07-0-1.jpg

Dwarfflagcichlidpair02-07-08.jpg

It doesn't rain, but it pours.

I made the bold statement "That once we get past the Conference, I can start breeding again." :wink:

Seems like it's coming true eh? :roll:

EXPERIENCE DOES MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hail:

:bow:

I remember quite a few years ago now an FNZAS member couldn't stop his A. curviceps from breeding. He had a 5 or 6ft tank absolutely chokker full of the things but nobody at the time wanted to buy them! :roll:

  • Author

Hi All

UPDATE: :wink:

The eggs have hatched and both mum and dad are being great parents, ( although I dont trust them and keep a good eye on them ) they are both moving the fry around the tank and have done so three (3) times today already. :roll:

There are a few fry I have observed taking small darts away from the "mob" but they soon fall back into the bunch.

Progress is really good.

:bow:

  • Author

Hi All

UPDATE: :wink:

The eggs have hatched and both mum and dad are being great parents, ( although I dont trust them and keep a good eye on them ) they are both moving the fry around the tank and have done so three (3) times today already. :roll:

There are a few I have observed taking small darts away from the "mob"

but they soon fall back into the bunch.

Progress is really good.

:bow:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Hi All

Latest update as at 18th July.

The male was removed three days ago due to a bit of "argy bargy" with the "missus", but she doesn't appear to be missing him.

She is doing a great job, although a good eye is being kept on the family.

DwarfFlagCichlidandBabies18-07-08.jpg

The photo is not the best but you can see the progress within the tank.

The "spots" around the fry and Flower Pot are Brine Shrimp, which also accounts for the "PINK BELLIES" of the fry..

:bow:

  • Author

Hi All

I am finding them extremely peaceful and see no reason why they shouldn't get on with anything. :roll:

The male when he was removed was put in with Emperor, Flame Tetras and Glowlight Danios.

He doesn't worry about them at all.

:bow:

Congrats Amazonian, looking good.

I came back from my holiday in Nelson to find the dwarf flag babies had survived, but the next day they were gone :(

I think I need to convert the tank to a bare one as there's quite a lot of algae in there since I removed the bristlenose from it.

  • Author

Hi All,

It was great to meet you Neon, I'm sorry to hear about your loss, they sounded like they were doing ok when I saw you. :roll:

Hopefully they'll do it again for you in a couple of weeks.

Good luck..

:bow:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.