July 2, 200818 yr comment_247855 Hi All Well just another post and piccies for your eyes. I can now announce that I have managed to spawn the 'DWARF FLAG" Cichlids, Aequidens Curviceps. It doesn't rain, but it pours. I made the bold statement "That once we get past the Conference, I can start breeding again." Seems like it's coming true eh? :roll: EXPERIENCE DOES MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Report
July 2, 200818 yr comment_247856 Great stuff Amazonian.. 8) We have a pair that should pop any day too Report
July 2, 200818 yr comment_247857 Awesome im glad these fish came in and are being bred lol means im likely to be able to get some at some stage Good work amazonian Report
July 2, 200818 yr comment_247927 AMAZING!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: HUGE CONGRATUALTIONS!! WHEN WILL THEY BE FOR SALE??? LOL Report
July 5, 200818 yr comment_248639 I remember quite a few years ago now an FNZAS member couldn't stop his A. curviceps from breeding. He had a 5 or 6ft tank absolutely chokker full of the things but nobody at the time wanted to buy them! :roll: Report
July 5, 200818 yr Author comment_248664 Hi All UPDATE: The eggs have hatched and both mum and dad are being great parents, ( although I dont trust them and keep a good eye on them ) they are both moving the fry around the tank and have done so three (3) times today already. :roll: There are a few fry I have observed taking small darts away from the "mob" but they soon fall back into the bunch. Progress is really good. Report
July 5, 200818 yr Author comment_248663 Hi All UPDATE: The eggs have hatched and both mum and dad are being great parents, ( although I dont trust them and keep a good eye on them ) they are both moving the fry around the tank and have done so three (3) times today already. :roll: There are a few I have observed taking small darts away from the "mob" but they soon fall back into the bunch. Progress is really good. Report
July 17, 200818 yr Author comment_252056 Hi All Latest update as at 18th July. The male was removed three days ago due to a bit of "argy bargy" with the "missus", but she doesn't appear to be missing him. She is doing a great job, although a good eye is being kept on the family. The photo is not the best but you can see the progress within the tank. The "spots" around the fry and Flower Pot are Brine Shrimp, which also accounts for the "PINK BELLIES" of the fry.. Report
July 17, 200818 yr Author comment_252060 Hi All I am finding them extremely peaceful and see no reason why they shouldn't get on with anything. :roll: The male when he was removed was put in with Emperor, Flame Tetras and Glowlight Danios. He doesn't worry about them at all. Report
July 17, 200818 yr comment_252061 Great stuff Amazonian Looking good 8) Our Dwarf Flags are in with Black Phantom Tetras, Lemon Tetras and Discus... fine and dandy 8) Report
July 18, 200818 yr comment_252123 Congrats Amazonian, looking good. I came back from my holiday in Nelson to find the dwarf flag babies had survived, but the next day they were gone I think I need to convert the tank to a bare one as there's quite a lot of algae in there since I removed the bristlenose from it. Report
July 18, 200818 yr comment_252137 Want to hold a few for me then? :lol: How many tanks do u have Dix ?? Report
July 18, 200818 yr Author comment_252185 Hi All, It was great to meet you Neon, I'm sorry to hear about your loss, they sounded like they were doing ok when I saw you. :roll: Hopefully they'll do it again for you in a couple of weeks. Good luck.. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.