Hybrid endlers colouring up

cesarz

are you going to try breeding them back again to endlers?

I will breed the females back to the father if he survives, he's too old I guess.

Also if I can find other endler-like guppies around I'll try to breed these to them.

i didn't think male guppies were ever too old! :D

they just think they are never too old :o

breeding back to dad with the ones that look closest to endlers is a good idea to at least get back to 3/4 endlers females

good luck and hope he survives long enough :D

Hey Ceasar,

Nice looking fish! I wasn't aware that we had Endlers in New Zealand, so that was a pleasant surprise - they're a fish I wouldn't mind having at some later stage.

I have a few males who have the Endler look to them, but someone else told me that when guppies are in-bred too much they revert back to their wild roots, and they look similar to the Endler.

Have you tried obtaining Female Endler's or seeing if anyone imports them? They would certainly be beautiful if you could. Good luck! :bounce: :bow: :bounce:

cezarz are these elder or elder like guppies?

Sorry for the crappy pics I thought i was pretty good at taking them until I tried to get those little guppies!

Yes they are the same strain as mine, did you get them as venezuelan guppies?

I wasn't aware that we had Endlers in New Zealand, so that was a pleasant surprise - they're a fish I wouldn't mind having at some later stage.

I believe these endler-like guppys have been in NZ for a long time at least since 1994 when i started breeding guppies , I actually often see some of them sold as feeders, and never even looked at them until I got interested in endlers and foundout that they have endler blood when I saw them in Aussie and found some in Auckland. My male I believe is not an endler but already a hybrid with guppys because endlers do not have lyretails. Maybe we should start describing them as "endler-like guppys"

• 5 weeks later...