Full Tank Shots - Add yours

Rozski

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez theres some cool tanks out there. MTS is hitting me hard, I can't wait for the day I can get a nice big fat 5 footer. Or 3...

kiwiplymouth, love your tube tank. How many litres is it? I have a little one (35 litre) on my desk.

Hi all. I've had a lot of fun this weekend, getting new fish and giving my tanks a shift around. Heres the updated pics....

June08-1.jpg

What kind of light bulb do you have in this tank? How do you get that almost black light kind of light which really shows their colours? Or is it just a regular flourescent bulb?

What kind of light bulb do you have in this tank? How do you get that almost black light kind of light which really shows their colours? Or is it just a regular flourescent bulb?

Probably a blue actinic 'marine' tube, but overpowering the camera's receptors making it look 'white' :wink:

Or it could be a 'Figi purple'

What kind of light bulb do you have in this tank?

I have to plead ignorance on lighting but someone here should be able to shed some light on the subject.... :oops: sorry for the bad joke.

Anyways... Its a 5' , twin tube light. I got it second hand and it had been on a marine tank. The bulbs have.... FMB54T5 - Marine Blue on one and FMW54T5-Marine White on the other.

The pic was taken with all the lights off in the room and no flash.

HTH.

yep it will be brackish shortly just cycling it gobies are in fresh water atm will get tank sorted and slowly adjust them to brackish thinking bout getiing a figure8 but the tank mite be a bit small but hey check this out 4 diy and filter , the tank has diy 10 LED lighting!

timsss169.jpg

timsss170.jpg

the fluidised bed filter i got off ebay cost bout 30 bucks to get it here works mean as