Breeding Normal gold rams Pictures added.

mitzy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool. I had a pair breed on me. I didnt try 2 breed them or anything. I just saw a huge group of babies 1day swimming round but unfortunatly they just didnt survive in the community tank. I didnt know they were male or female just brought the 2 at the shop.Lol but now i cant get them 2 breed.

I don't know if it's normal for them but I read with fighters that if they hang out at the top the waters bad and you should do a water change. congrats on keeping them alive.

Mine never got free swimming.. They either shot up and hung around the top.. Or stayed around the bottom and swum into the water in small jerky movements but always settled on the bottom, then all died? The same as I have had with the last 8 or so batches.. I hope you have more luck..

My male gold is going out on stud duties to a local breeder who seems to be able to produce blue rams by the 1000 so hopefully things work out there would love to see more golds around..

Thanks

Im just worried about there eating tho they only become free swimming yeasterday so maybe just not ready?

They not swimming jerky well a few are maybe but wouldnt call it jerky :D

I going to do a water change later and cause they all up the top is should be easy right lol

i don't know about ram fry but with fighters you should keep enough current running i.e. bubbles to keep surface movement so that they don't want to come up. This is so the labrynth develops properly. Maybe you could try that - just a little bit of surface movement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...