Good Telecom deal? Yeah right!

Caryl

Just a heads-up for those signing up with the Telecom $16.95 per month get you going on broadband deal.

Did you realise you only get 200Mb data cap per month and then you are charged at 2c per Mb?

If you downloaded the latest AVG, for example, that would cost you $9 once your data cap was reached. Prior to that it would have used up roughly a quarter of your allowable bandwidth.

If you know anyone signing up to this plan, warn them!

Sounded too good to be true when i herd this and too right it is, i looked into this deal but had a fealing it would be capped and rediculously low amount, the thing that ennoys me is they say 30 day money back guarantee, but wouldnt 90 % of ppl just use the net flat out more than likely going over the limit then get there bill ( after 30days) and they'l be stuck with a crap deal or will have to pay some fee to get out of it, wot a joke!

If you're stupid enough to not look at how much it costs then you deserve the charges. It's not as if they hide them or it's something in the fine print.

Sometimes You can talk to one person at telecom and they will tell u one thing then u talk to some one else and find out its not the case at all so its even people that do check it out can get ripped and they don't deserve the charges.

For people that are new to computers and or internet might see this as a good deal with out knowing how quick they use it all up then get a bill.

Xnet is the cheapest and the best

You control everything, the price, the GB's you get, you can change it at anytime its all custom, fast and generally the best all round I've found, we've also gone with them for the phone line and its cheap, reliable and has amazing over seas calling rates :D

I didn't mean for this to be a "Let's slag Telecom" thread. I merely wanted to give you the heads up on this particular deal as we have had a couple of customers sign up without fully realising what the low cap meant in real terms.

We are with telecom and have unlimited, tho that plan not available for others now , we find it pretty good but would not go with there other plans.

Hey mitzy

Is that the Go large plan?

Thats the one im on. $49 per month unlimited download, No longer available so i will not give it up easily.

Hey mitzy

Is that the Go large plan?

Thats the one im on. $49 per month unlimited download, No longer available so i will not give it up easily.

Yep thats the one. We not gonna give it up with out a fight lol

If you're stupid enough to not look at how much it costs then you deserve the charges. It's not as if they hide them or it's something in the fine print.

The average person has no idea how much "200mb" of data actually is - big problem

When you first get broadband, you just go wow, so fast, i'm going to watch youtube, each movie is approx. 5mb, bunch of emails, web browsing, I know with our flat, we will happily go through about 30mb / night without actually downloading anything, just online gaming :/

30 MB in an evening?! It's 8.45am and already I have used 250MB.

That telecom plan is such a scam. And along with switching to Broadband a lot of people have no idea about upgrading and maintaining internet security. Just because you cannot see all the hackers/spammers/virus' doesn't not mean you are not at a big risk of losing valuable data stored on your computer.