Individuals Pleco Collections...

Afrikan

the Chocolate Zebras i got from you are making all the right signs and i hope they will be spawning soon, but would still love some black&whites and i sure would do all i could to breed them too !

its good to hear Paul my F1s are making good progress too and i know what you mean when you say making all the right signs shouldnt be long till you can add them to yr growing list of breedings dont mind offering advise if its needed when yr ready to give em a go

as for the black and white stripe thingys ...."take a number pal " !! :lol: :P:P but if anyone could aquire them id reckon it could be you

I like those King Tigers Mr Pleco, and in the absence of my favourite plec the L270s are a close favourite

yeah i love em both still would you believe i have some more for sale once they start they are hard to stop

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My original query about people saying what they had was so that if I saw one in the shop and I wasn't sure if the label was correct then I would know who to ask. In my wildest dreams I didn't think of people trying to take them although of recent times I have been very very careful to keep my own room well locked up.

That was before I posted several questions about Id's and had very good answers and a lot of assistance.

I love the ones I got off Mr Plec but as he said when I asked if I should buy a pair rather than single ones they would not breed in the conditions I was going to keep them in. :D

• 3 months later...

Even then some people are sold a fish and then believe that it is what they have been sold without questioning it, b ut it could be something completely different.

Sometimes it takes a well trained eye to pick some from others!

Best bet is to always ask the people who know if you are unsure.

What happened to all the lists????

It seems to become a discussion

• 4 months later...

Heres my list now updated

Common name: bristlenose plec x 22

Scientific Name: ansistrus (sp)

L number

sex unknown

Successfully bred no

Common name: chococlate zebra x3

Scientific Name: hypansistrus

L number L270

sex - unknown

Common name: tiger panaque

Scientific Name: panaque

L number L226

sex unknown

Common name: king tiger

Scientific Name: hypansistrus

L number L066

sex - unknown

Common name: spotted bristlenose x 6

Scientific Name: (still being debated)

sex unknown

Common name: pretty pekoltia x 5

Scientific Name (still being debated)

sex unknown (hopefully 3 male/2 female)

thats looking like a great list there adodge keep up the good work i feel breeding them for you is just around the corner :D

I will be interested in the new ones to see what happens. The two I purchased today appeared to be less clearly marked than the others. There were ones in the tank with the distinct markings but I went for the others hoping I might get a different sex so heres hoping. I will try and get pics of them all eventually including the ones I got off you but as you know they are very good at hiding. :wink:

• 5 weeks later...

Alright, I figure I should do this since I've gone a bit pleco mad lately! I'm going to skip the successfully bred part because I'm not trying to breed any of them.

Common name:

Scientific Name: Peckoltia brevis

L number LDA78

sex 1 male

Common name: Clown pleco

Scientific Name: Panaque maccus

L number

sex 1 female

Common name: Flash pleco

Scientific Name: Panaque Sp.

L number L204

sex ?

Common name: Royal pleco

Scientific Name: Panaque nogrolineatus

L number L190

sex male? (starting to get bristly pectoral fins)

Common name: King Tiger

Scientific Name: Hypancistrus Sp

L number L066

sex ? x3

Common name: Chocolate Zebra

Scientific Name: Hypancistrus Sp

L number L270

sex ?

Common name: Starlight ancistrus

Scientific Name: Ancistrus Sp (??)

L number ?

sex ?

And todays latest addition (excuse the terrible photo!)...

sm.jpg

Common name: Blue Phantom

Scientific Name: Hemiancistrus Sp

L number L128

sex male? (getting bristly pectoral fins)

lol saw that yesterday, nice plec, if I had room I would have got in before you :roll:

If I'd had the room he would have been mine at the weekend.

If yours are panaque maccus theres no way that my pretty peckoltias are maccus as they do not resemble yours. Yours have way wider bars. The opinion was that these were maccus

prettypeckoltia.jpg

prettypeckoltia3.jpg

and heres yours

Plec.jpg

to me they are not the same

Common name: Clown pleco?? (pic, can someone ID it?)

Scientific Name: Panaque maccus

L number

sex 1 male 1 female

Looks like a male Peckoltia brevis LDA78 (if from Brazil) else L205 Peckoltia sp. (if from Peru), but they are both referenced on Planet Catfish by the same page. The orange on the leading edge of the tail fin is pretty distinctive

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species=peckoltia+brevis&species_id=1339

More important, in my opinion, is that it is not a panaque.

Cheers

And todays latest addition (excuse the terrible photo!)...

Common name: Blue Phantom

Scientific Name: Hemiancistrus Sp

L number L128

sex male? (getting bristly pectoral fins)

I saw this one at the weekend. I'm not a big pleco fan but he's awesome!

Nope, the one in the pic was from Hamilton about 7 years ago, the other one (pic here) came from hollywood a couple of years ago.

The timing and the location means it's probably from a batch of Peckoltia brevis I bred back in 2002. Don't have the parents anymore but still have some of their offspring lurking around in a tank somewhere.

Quite possibly Rob, did you drop some off to Brian at the Goldfish Bowl? IIRC it was only around $30, which seemed quite cheap to me for a "fancy" pleco, which would also support the locally bred theory.

Yeah - I would have been getting rid of them through Brian and not asking too much for them.

• 2 months later...