May 14, 200818 yr comment_234778 Which one would run a discus setup best? I have a old 404 that i can buy, But i have read that thay crap out easy and arent the easiest to repair. Report
May 14, 200818 yr comment_234781 To be honest with you Dixon, and we keep rather a few external canisters... I can't stand fluval, I think they are overated and overpriced... we have run the CF Aqua One range and they have been much more robust and reliable and far more efficient with filtration. Report
May 14, 200818 yr comment_234782 you cant buy parts for the old fluval filters for love or money so i would say aqua one is the best Report
May 15, 200818 yr comment_234891 I have used aqua one filters and Havent liked them, they seem to be poorly made and rattley. (this was NOT a 1200). I havent used fluval but from what I have seen the are better made and higher quality. Report
May 15, 200818 yr comment_234903 I vote CF1200. Aquaone had an issue with the isolation valves leaking out the valve stem a year or so ago. But apart from that I have found them to be pretty bulletproof. Good filter, good price. Found it to not to rattle or be poorly made. Report
May 15, 200818 yr Author comment_234904 I cant jave a loud filter lol, ITs going to be in my room lol. Well the Fluval one ive got here, I dont really like, Last time i tried it it leaked :-? Report
May 15, 200818 yr comment_234907 I had my CF1200 on the community tank in the bedroom. Did have a hum to it, but nothing that kept me or my wife awake at night. Report
May 15, 200818 yr comment_234908 I would go for the Aquaone. I'm pretty sure I have one running my knife fish tank, I've never had any problems with the cleaning or anything. It's actually easier to clean than the fluval and cheaper. Ohh I just thought of another great thing I don't think theres an o-ring in the aquaone. The only problem I found was finding a bucket it would fit in. I have an old fluval 403 and you can't get parts my impeller shaft is a cotton bud with the ends pulled off. But my aquaone is great havent had any problems! If I was buying I'd go for the Aquaone for price and ease of use Report
May 15, 200818 yr comment_234911 I run 4 Fluval cansiters 204,304 & 2 404's and have been for a couple of years, no problems with any of them. Very quiet and I love the way the levers work on the hoses prevent water leaking when carrying out maintainance, much easier than the 403 series. By the way I have second hand parts for the 403's if anyone is interested. Let me know. Report
May 15, 200818 yr comment_234925 never used a outside filter all my sumps and filters have been in side trickle and over flow Report
May 15, 200818 yr comment_234926 I cant jave a loud filter lol, ITs going to be in my room lol. Well the Fluval one ive got here, I dont really like, Last time i tried it it leaked :-? I had a cf1200 on my discus tank that was situated about 2 metres away from the head of my bed. So long as you dont allow air into filter itself , it is pretty silent. I coluld hear the airpumps in the lounge more than the aqua one. Aqua one is my choice. best value for money in my opinion Report
May 15, 200818 yr comment_234931 my vote goes to Fluval. I have had no problems with them, and been able to get parts Report
May 15, 200818 yr comment_234941 I vote Fluval, i have 2 205,s and a 104, all reliable, easy to clean, and VERY quiet. It sounds a little like personal preference is the answer, the fluval filters seem the better option in my opinion Report
May 15, 200818 yr comment_234942 I forgot to mention earlier, we keep eheim pro, aqua one CFs and Aquis range, and different size fluvals, and after finishing off our fish shed, we didn't need as many canisters, and it was the fluvals that we got rid of. We haven't had many problems with canisters over time, but when we have had, it has been fluval that has featured everytime and been a right royal pain in the behind.. :-? :lol: Report
May 15, 200818 yr comment_234955 I have several of both and find both to be very good. The fluval IMO gives better filtration while the CF1200 is cheaper. I would rate both of them 8/10. Report
May 25, 200818 yr comment_237401 So, the debate is Fluval vs Aqua One. Historically I would have chosen Fluval out of the two. I had a 403 that rocked ! However, by choice I would go with eheim. How come the equivalent Eheim is not a consideration ? Report
May 25, 200818 yr comment_237409 go with aqua one.. I have a 404 that I have saved as my last filter to setup I have setup the aqua one ones first.. My FX5 however is a wicked filter But that is way out of price range.. Report
May 25, 200818 yr comment_237414 go with aqua one.. I have a 404 that I have saved as my last filter to setup I have setup the aqua one ones first.. My FX5 however is a wicked filter But that is way out of price range.. I would love an FX5. There are a couple available online at the moment and look like being reasonable prices. (If you are in that price range, lol) Report
June 6, 200818 yr comment_240837 I just got a Jebo 819 (1200LPH) for my new tank, very nicely made and a very good price, got it locally (PM me for suppliers details) $155 new. Easy to set-up (comes with all media) 5 separate filter media trays and a nice easy start once filled via separate fill plug, even with empty hoses (something my old fluval will not do.) Taps fit well and are sealed with 'O' rings for no leaks and very easy removal, no silly spring loaded auto close valves that just clog and stay open like my old 304. So far I like it very much... Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.