How many lefties?

jn

Reading a thread Caryl posted down there I see a couple of lefties and just wonder if there might be a disproportionate number of lefty fishkeepers. I'm a software engineer and there are definitely more lefties than one would expect to find in the general population in my office...

so lets see if it applies to fishy people too!

Lefties: 1

Righties: 0

I am actually ambidextrous as well. Although I write with my right, I do everything else as a leftie. My family have always referred to me as a leftie so...

Lefty - 7

Righty - 9

A large number of architects are lefties too I think.

I'll say lefty. Left handed and footed but right eyed. Do most things left handed but knife and fork right handed and chopsticks with left or right. Taught it was rude to use them in left hand so learned right and find left naturally easier. Left handed and right eyed is a lot of fun with a shot gun.

Lefty-9

Righty-11

Interesting isn't it ;)

This could be the first un-official study into the 'handed-ness' of fishkeepers.

Now to know for sure we would have to know if there is any natural skew in the NZ population showing a disproportionate # of lefties in NZ compared to the rest of the world....

OR it could be that lefties, being know to be more creative are more naturally drawn to setting up and enjoying aquariums.

We need to lobby the census takers to add a question to see how many kiwis (including foreign/imported ones like myself) are left handed.. maybe NZ naturally appeals to lefties in general? :)