Camera Specs please....

Spink

Hey Guys!

I'm looking to purchase a new camera some time in the near future, and I was hoping some of you would share your experiences with your cameras...I know many of you have excellent cameras which take fantastic shots of fish, so I'm asking if you could share with me the brand, type, specs etc; where you purchased it from, and maybe how much...

If you're not comfortable posting out on the forum, then please PM me with details... I'd like to buy the best my money can afford so would appreciate any help you all can give me! :D:bow:

I have a Canon A710 IS. Love it. No complaints. A friend has the slightly newer version, not sure what the code is.

As for megapixels most people would never have much need for more than seven or eight. Mine has 6x zoom. That is the only thing I would want more of. It also does awesome macro stuff (really close up) which is handy for fish photos.

Check out my pics in the link below, all done on my camera.

We've got a Fujifilm S5700. Wicked camera, under $400, and good resolution and zoom.

Same here.... I find it a pretty good camera for its price. One thing to keep in mind, whatever camera you buy, is to get extra memory. I've got a 1Gb card and I can take 294 pics at the cameras highest resolution settings.

Hey Guys!

I'm looking to purchase a new camera some time in the near future, and I was hoping some of you would share your experiences with your cameras...I know many of you have excellent cameras which take fantastic shots of fish, so I'm asking if you could share with me the brand, type, specs etc; where you purchased it from, and maybe how much...

If you're not comfortable posting out on the forum, then please PM me with details... I'd like to buy the best my money can afford so would appreciate any help you all can give me! :D:bow:

Are you after a point and shoot or a SLR?

Also what price range are you looking at?

And will you be using it for more professional looking shots, or just standard day to day usage?

Canon 350D SLR with 100mm macro lense, 1GB card...love it

All up cost me $2k through long-term monitoring of trademe. Probaby costs that now. Back then was $2.5k

]

nah, they were $1200 a months back due to the 400D release but don't think they are avialable now.

Canon 350D SLR with 100mm macro lense, 1GB card...love it

All up cost me $2k through long-term monitoring of trademe. Probaby costs that now. Back then was $2.5k

]

nah, they were $1200 a few months back due to the 400D release but don't think they are avialable now.

hey Luke*,

I bought my Canon 400D which came with a twin lens set (18-55 and 75-300) for about $1200 last Nov from dick smith (20% sale) and then this year, bought a 60mm macro from the states for about $450. These macro lenses are so awesome!! My 60mm doesn't have as big a working distance as your 100mm but I find that it does that job quite well. My next purchase will be one or two external flashes to position them above the tank which will illuminate the fish better than the on-board front-on flash. But they cost around $500 each.. :-?

Spink,

If you want to get a dSLR camera, I think now might be a good time to get a 350D/400D because the latest model in the series, the 450D is coming out either now or very soon. With release of the new model, there will be ppl who will want to sell their older model to upgrade to this new one and also the retailers will probably drop their prices on these older models to make room for the new.

For SLR, the Sony Alpha 200 kits are at extremely good prices at the moment. Sony is new to the SLR market, but has so far prooved to be extremely good (had a play round with a few of the lenses myself).

Only problem is, lenses are VERY expensive, but as its always said, you wont lose much money on glass