CHCH LFS's

firenzenz

I would highly recomend Organism. I was there on sunday and it is the best fish shop I have ever been to. Clean tank, lots of great fish, big variety and healthy fish. Most of their stock tanks are planted and extremly clean. They have a good range of community fish, marine fish and corals, Africans and SA cichlids. They have a good range of plants in their stock tanks but the plants for sale arnt that amazing. They have plenty of equipment and wood etc. The staff are helpful and know their stuff. I would say they could improve on the size of their shop. I would definetly recommend going there.

I also went to Animates. If you are looking for plants I would head to animates. There tanks and fish are pretty good but not great. They have a good range of equipment etc but it is really overpriced. The fish are pretty well priced and they have some good deals on week days that let you get 2 fish or plants and the 3rd is free. There range of plants is great but beware of snails. It is more focused on other pets but their fish are still pretty. I would say that the staff arnt to helpful and you need to go get them yourself. They really need far more staff for a shop of that size. This is a chainshop thats is not specilised on fish so they wont always know what they are talking about. I know Animates has alot of contriversy on the forums but I would say that they are good for range and price of plants and fish but not helpfulness or knowledge.

I would reccomend going to both of these shops.

I carry them onboard too.

When It comes to the scanner I pull them out and tell the security guys that I dont' think the fish would be too happy being x-rayed. they look at the fish and them look at me in a funny way and say... ok.

done.

ususally end up talking to one of them about fish and then get them to join the forums :lol:

Yeah I've had no worries flying with fish as carry-on.

one time had to let the guy figure out for himself that since there were live fish in the bag the chances of me carrying toxic fluid to poison everyone on board was nil to very small.

Cheers for the info- look forward to checking them out.

lol when was the last time you were down here.

reedwood is going downhill fast JMO

Yeah wilson, id have to agree, it still is a nice store, but i think bobs getting a bit old, and the store is looking a little Neglected it just seems like it needs some "life" put back into it to bring it back to what it once was..