update for david r lol

A.PROPHECY

just like the japanese style of overstocking a bare bottom tank , my tanks not even that stocked compared to some .

these fish are very well looked after! they heaps of swiming space none of them fight or ever get sick i dont see anything wrong with it

besides ill be upgrading , but will still keep it bare with a whole lot of fish in it :wink:

well on that note

i just did an experiment with my own dats

after putting rocks and plants and stuff, they are more active.

i dont know why

i never usedto decorate my tanks, just gravel. gravel accumulates lots of benefician bacteria. adds to filtration. and fish poo? depends, meaty poos like from the aro is a lil different, but in principle unless you get iant chunks that still have large amounts of undigested food in the poo. usually poo is very complete in its decomposition.

fish poo becomes nothing more than dirt, soil when it is in the gravel. amonia and the primary toxins making up the poo is actually soluble. humans are differnt to fish, but fish poo , usually powdery dissolves most if not all of its toxins into the water.... so water quality doesnt get affected much by gravel.

bio filtration is most important, if the poo stored toxins, then it would litereally have to be sucked into the filter to be metabolised, even then you have to wait to break it down to microscopic particles. and we wont be ablet o test water cos we would need to get poo samples.

having no gravel lessens bio filtration. but if your fish is healthy, then its inconsequencial. plants make animals feel more at home.

someone told me ones, probalby from here.

an owner that keeps a healthy happy fish is a good fish keeper.

fish can survive and tolerate conditions - but being happy makes them look nicer and more entertaining. hence why i not decorate all my tanks. even with basic thingsl ike gravel and a piece of wood. some plants. fake plants are good bacteria medium.

The one on the bottom on the right side is the knife fish, right?

The one where his/her eyes look so white, as well as one of the other fishies, looks really eerie :o:o

OH, very nice tank by the way.

Even though the tank is bare bottom, you still have to vacuum right?

Are you at all nervous about putting any part of your anatomy, meaning fingers, hand, arm in with such big fishies??

Caper