chocolate zebras

mr pleco

the conch just to clarify matters a great deal of ppl "claim " to have bred all sorts of things (i can only assume for their ego ) you can appreciate photos or registered breedings seperate the confirmed breeders from the "wannabe's " i never put you in either category merely asked for proof of yr claim which you are unable to produce that being the way it is i neither deny your claim nor regard it as a breeding

But a breeding is one thing ,to offer advise on raising them with a "complete die off rate " i think is careless to say the least especially when part of your advise is jabi tabis which (no known article ) but straight from the manufactures lips should not be fed to hypans (ring them and ask them yrself )

perhaps this was yr downfall in raising the young

If you do not rate a freshwater breeding of a fish, that is not only hard to find in new zealand, nor is it on the allowed imported list anymore, as anything to rate very much so that others like dandilia may enjoy them then i then question yr reasoning for fishkeeping or is it to merely sit on here and claim to do things that havent been done before ,without proof , and try to downplay anyone who has ???

happy fishkeeping

if you remember what that is

the conch just to clarify matters a great deal of ppl "claim " to have bred all sorts of things (i can only assume for their ego ) you can appreciate photos or registered breedings seperate the confirmed breeders from the "wannabe's " i never put you in either category merely asked for proof of yr claim which you are unable to produce that being the way it is i neither deny your claim nor regard it as a breeding

But a breeding is one thing ,to offer advise on raising them with a "complete die off rate " i think is careless to say the least especially when part of your advise is jabi tabis which (no known article ) but straight from the manufactures lips should not be fed to hypans (ring them and ask them yrself )

perhaps this was yr downfall in raising the young

If you do not rate a freshwater breeding of a fish, that is not only hard to find in new zealand, nor is it on the allowed imported list anymore, as anything to rate very much so that others like dandilia may enjoy them then i then question yr reasoning for fishkeeping or is it to merely sit on here and claim to do things that havent been done before ,without proof , and try to downplay anyone who has ???

happy fishkeeping

if you remember what that is

Don't go and pack a sad now - if breeding plecs is what you are into, then go for it - but it doesn't interest me at all. But just to clarify, the spawns which I fed Tabis to did better, not worse - hence my advice to give it to them. In any event, I suspect you are really upset because maybe you weren't the first person in New Zealand to get them to this stage. Big deal. Get over it an enjoy your achievement anyway.

cant really figure out yr intention here seems you might be suffereing from south island syndrome ...never asked for any recognition for having being the first to breed them so not upset at all as for JBL tabis THE MANUFACTURER that being JBL have stated DO NOT FEED TO HYPANS but rather than accepting that advise given by another member as being as true as yr acclaimed spawning you dismiss it so are condtridicting one claim from another

i am enjoying my achievemnet if you want to call it that and if i want to take acclaim can take the fact that at least mine survive to this day

so I AM the first to get them to this stage

As for yr advise i still stand by my remark "how can you advise on a complete death rate for survival?

n.b i wont respond to this reply as i find when i argue with idiots they tend to bring me down to their level and beat me with experience so enjoy posting what you like from here on in this thread

We have feed "tabis" to our Hypan's which at the time we even recommended it to a friend, also with Hypans because they loved it!!!! However if you look at a post I made some time ago in regards to bloated catfish and then we both had unexpainable deaths due to bloat. We made some inquiries to a well knowen owner of a fish shop and he made some inquiries. JBL came back and said under no circumstances should Tabis be feed to Hypans (go figure there is a l046 on the cover of the bottle!!!) Too late for us now as we can not recover the fish that we lost, my advise to any Hypan owners is stay well away from this product

p.s we feed this product to other non Hypan Plec's and they love it!! and they are deisgned too

Ive been watching this soap opera with anticipation the professional banter has been outstanding :bounce:

Then I came to the 2nd to last post and couldn't understand as it was spoken too high for me to hear for some reason :-? must be because I am too far south of the bombay hills or something.....just really confused right now :-?

n.b i wont respond to this reply as i find when i argue with idiots they tend to bring me down to their level and beat me with experience so enjoy posting what you like from here on in this thread

I find it curious that you are not prepared to meet the same quantum of evidence as you demand from me. Where is the evidence that JBL don't recommend Tabis? I experienced no problems at all when I used them. If you look around this website a little more you will find plenty of evidence of things I have bred, so to suggest that I'm claiming this 'for my ego' doesn't make any sense at all, especially given that this started when YOU pasted a comment I made in another thread over here so you could take issue with it. Incidentally mine didn't die of bloat. The last lot got to 3 months before I pulled down the tank, sold off the adults, and used the fry as feeder fish to make room for another project. I guess it must bum you out that an 'idiot' bred them before you did, especially by accident, and so far South as well.

I think its pretty obvious who really looks like the idiot :wink:

• 3 months later...

yeah good thanks dixon growing fast and running out of room to keep them esp with the king tigers in full swing aswell heres some of latest pics not sure at this stage if i wanna grow them out or sell some guess ill see from this post how much interest there is in them ..

randompics077.jpg

randompics056.jpg

randompics063.jpg

to be honest dixon i have never seen them in the shops but i suspect adults would range from $100 to around $160 dont know for sure as like i said theyare not common and with the brazil bzn and MAf unlikley to see them in the country again