chocolate zebras

mr pleco

just noticed a whole heap of babies in the dominant male cave im stoked well guess ill knock these ones off the want more list

will post pics when wife decides to get DECENT digital camera lol or when dad decides to let them out the cave

yeah yeah thanks jake for the cave... there ,you happy now :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Make sure you have plenty of 'munge' available for them - decomp wood and leaves etc, and JBL Tabis seem good too. Without it, you can expect a complete die-off after three weeks or so. :wink:
L270 - I sold 4 of these to a local fella who wanted to breed them (I got several spawns but never raised the young)

conch : all due respect but having bred them ive never seen a registered post by anyone in new zealand before so when did you breed them? pics would be nice to confirm this breeding and mine are all well and alive after more than five weeks without leaves and jabi tabis but thanks for the input ...

dantez girl- they will be about a year away from sale i expect at this stage

L270 - I sold 4 of these to a local fella who wanted to breed them (I got several spawns but never raised the young)

conch : all due respect but having bred them ive never seen a registered post by anyone in new zealand before so when did you breed them? pics would be nice to confirm this breeding and mine are all well and alive after more than five weeks without leaves and jabi tabis but thanks for the input ...

dantez girl- they will be about a year away from sale i expect at this stage

I bred them about two years ago, well before I started posting on these forums. I think it is worth remembering that a large number of aquarists do not frequent these forums and have little interest in breeding per se - and no, there are no pics - I had the live ones to look at. Good luck with yours. :wink:

If you read the earlier posts, you will see that I sold them some time ago (to Mike, your Christchurch based Pleco-God - you can check with him where they are at now). I didn't take photos because I'm afraid I really didn't rate the event as that memorable - breeding freshwater fish (other than a few Discus) doesn't really excite me that much and all my catfish spawnings have been 'accidental'. In any event, you can treat this as an unconfirmed report or dismiss it altogether - it doesn't worry me either way. I'd still like to see that link though :wink:

Why does he have to prove himself? Can't you just take his word for it? What would The Conch have to gain by lying to you?

I've got nothing to gain, but maybe they have something to lose (dented ego perhaps??) - some people take this kind of thing a little more seriously than myself. Either way, it is an arguement not worth having.

If my word counts for anything i can confirm the conch definately had L270s spawn, ive seen them.

The parents were purchased from me although i dont remember the exact time. When they were passed on to Mike they were the really big fat and healthy.

Regards John