Bud has hit the headlines

Caryl

Hmmm... I see from the article your husband is called Grant Simpson.

Did he spend part of his boyhood in Palmerston North by any chance?

( I went to school there with a Grant Simpson, I'm thinking, how many Grant Simpsons could there be?)

No. If his head got bigger he would lose his balance and fall off his perch.

The kids were worried Kelly's budgie, Bert, would be jealous if she saw the article so they were going to hide it but one then suggested they use it to line Bert's cage so she could mess all over it :lol:

No he flies around the house, although he does run around the floor when playing with the balls :wink:

He has a cage. At 5pm we put the cage on the table and open its door so he flies out. When he is sick of flying about he goes back in his cage (usually around 7.30pm) we shut the door and put his cage back where it goes.

The cage usually hangs from a bungee cord in the lounge. We bring it down to the table as that is easier to clean out his food and water dishes etc than doing it while the cage is swinging off the cord.

Budgies are way under rated, most people just cage them not knowing that they are as smart as a 3 year old. Do you give your pal Gum branches, the one's with the narrow leaf and small white flowers are really loved by Budgies. My partner put heaps in the aviary yesterday for Budgies and cockatiels and by lunchtime they had striped them and where playing on the floor digging and hiding under the leaf's. The other thing that they like is grass seed heads (what they eat in the wild). My Macaws on sky "the lounge" tonight and my Galahs been in the local paper as he likes taking rides in the car and a guy from the local paper saw. Parrots are the best pets.