Auckland Fish Keepers Meeting in February

Wok

Hi All

Just letting you know that we do have a meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of every month.

First meeting of the year will be:

Time: 7.30pm

When: Tuesday 12 February 2008

Where: Green Bay Community House

Barron Drive

Green Bay

Behind New World Supermarket

Park in the new carpark on Barron Drive and the meeting is right next door

AucklandFishkeeper-1.jpg

Sorry to here about your van Jasmine. We had the grand total of four people (including myself) turn up. We really need to better attendance as we pay to use the club rooms and it will get really expensive if only four people turn up per meeting. On the plus side it meant that we shared the packet of tim tams between four people and we had some great conversations about glow light tetras and people taking out there kitchens and dining room tables to make way for 8 foot tanks.

• 3 weeks later...

There are a few young people that turn up ( i like to consider myself young lol) and the more people that turn up the more fun we have. We generally chat about whats happening with everyones tanks, if anyone has any questions or help needed, we swap plants and sometimes fish, drink tea and coffee, eat biscuits, have a laugh at each other. The great thing about being in a club is you get all the benefits of the FNZAS. You get a good magazine on a quarterly basis produced by the wonderful Caryl and our own club magazine sent out monthly, you get discounts at a few pet stores and you get the added benefit of hanging out with people who understand what you mean when you start talking about livebearers and canister filters

Yes, or at least I hope so,

With only four turning up last month if it is the same this month it may end up being a coffee and Tim Tam club.

Don't worry though I will be there - I like Tim Tams :lol: .

Been speaking to a few people as well, and may organise a few demonstrations / raffles for later in the year.

This month though is business as usual.