Big Day Out anyone?

je_suis_ketan

I reckon some of the live music I've enjoyed the most has been Bands that I wasn't that big a fan of but just went along with mates. Eventually became a fan of the band I went to go see :)

Though I do splash out for bands that I am a big fan of, really looking forward to the Foo's concert in May 8)

Unfortunately I missed out on Muse in Nov because work sent me to Melbourne :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

^ my thoughts exactly, I don't really want to pay $120 just to see rage. Compared to last year the line up is weaksauce! I might go if I can find a cheap ticket on trademe on friday, and I'll probably finish work at 4 then go to catch rage.

Definitely weak lineup this year! Tool was AWESOME! just about got decapitated just getting into D-Barrier tho :evil: . The surges were insane!

So since the line up is so bad why is it sold out?

Different crowd I guess, its only a bad line up from my perspective as someone who loved the BDO's of the late 90's when it was a predominantly rock festival. Comparing my past BDO's with this one its obvious why I'm not going and why it seems a bit weak.

1997 Soundgarden, Offspring, Prodigy, Fear Factory, Supergrass

1999 Marilyn Manson, Korn, Hole, Soulfly, Ash, Fatboy Slim

2000 Nine Inch Nails, Foo Fighters, RHCP, Blink 182, Chemical Brothers, Joe Sstrummer & Tthe Mescaleros

2007 Tool, Muse, The Killers, My Chemical Romance (:oops:), Jet

2008 RATM, Grinspoon.......