Big Day Out anyone?

je_suis_ketan

Just got home myself.

It was a good show :)

Rage and Shihad was the highlight.. the Lightning guys where Excellent 8) (we where standing up the back about 5m from them)

The other Kiwi bands on the main stages where good too.

You could have had a fun day just sitting in the stand and watching the 'people' go past :lol:

My only question is why the heck Bojrk was there ?? :-? ??

At least we where near the lightning guys, so we watched them.

Cheers

Ian

I agree with Ianab, Bjork was the biggest let down between the two biggest acts, although I must say as good as Shihad was, I was still a bit upset with their set, I respect their new album, but they could have at least played a few more older songs..

Its not the first time BDO have done something like that. I think Scribe got a spot on the main stage between two fairly big rock bands one year that I was there. It was funny sitting in the stand watching the crowd.

I went to The Police last night, was a great concert (especially only paying $150 for two good tickets on TM!), amazing lighting show!

whats the point of it?!

Too many people been getting killed in Mosh pits. If the event promotor doesn't have some plan in place the control the crowd (like the D barrier) and someone gets killed they can be held criminally responsible

What happens if they dont have a D barrier :o

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/26/pearl.jam.02/

At my first BDO Offspring were playing on the right hand stage, followed by soundgarden on the left stage. When offspring finished I was standing about 5 metres in front of the sound control thing and a bit to the right. The croud surged in anticipation of soundgarden and by the time it stop I had been carried (I was 15 at the time, and around 6' but built like a rake) to right in front of the left stage and about 2/3 of the way back towards the far end of the field. It was pretty freaky, I had no control over where I was going, just held onto people and went with it.

Seriously as a spot between Shihad and Rage Against the Machine.. well lets just say it didn't work :-?

Ian

Should have stuck on Enter Shikari on one of the main stages. They didnt just stand there and sing, they where all over the place with their mean/crazy dances and where jumping off the speakers onto the stage.

Re D barriers: No D barrier for Enter Shikari and 2 people got dragged out by the security/bouncers up they front (id say there would have been 2kish people at ES). The people that got pulled out looked like they had taken a hammering. Both where up the front in the pit and the force was was intense

Didnt Shihad have to stop and get people to take the pressure off the D barrier?

I imagine that a few people would have got injured trying to get out of the boiler halfway through Dizzee

D barriers are a good idea. Cant wait to get into D barrier for the Foo's

simple ruling for the D-Barrier... if you can't handle it, stay the f**k out :lol: . they should have that plastered the whole way down the side of the entrance way as a warning. i saw heaps of people leaving D-Barrier before Bjork went on, but they still didn't turn the lights green. A half filled D-Barrier is just a waste of time!. its just a matter of time before there will be a riot. crap there was almost a riot when rage hit the stage.

why the hell was bjork on mainstage?! dizzee rascal rocked the crowd harder then she did!

• 2 weeks later...

i didnt go to this years one how was it?

i went to last years one and saw MUSE ,seriously just couldnt miss it i was in the very frond like 2 meters away from my idol Matthew Bellamy! oh hes god.

saw them in november as well,wasnt very keen on rage as they roo repetative i find..

so how was it anyway?