if you can find it post it up:D

but yeha, this is like ear and tail cropping for dogs and stuff

its pretty bad

i thought they were just a mutation that was interbred

see, that isnt so cruel

but cutting the tail off is not nice

some are cut off and some are from breeding

everytime i see one of this type of breed i see a fish that most hobbyists would cull as a youngster

good on you for giving it a home henward

dont forget the bolts on the side of the neck :D

It's funny that people get so upset about how horrible and unethical these hideously deformed inbred mutants are, but not about the other hideously deformed inbred mutants known as goldfish.

probably GE more than dye, least thats how id do it...

So, you've discovered a way to genetically engineer an animal using less than a jar, some dye and a net?

beauty is in the eye of the beholder......livingart worte

most thing are beautful some thing should be aloud,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,illl feel sorry for marks gril frend i think she whould like looking at a parrot.it better looking than the one she has to get up to look at ever morring...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's funny that people get so upset about how horrible and unethical these hideously deformed inbred mutants are, but not about the other hideously deformed inbred mutants known as goldfish.

didn't want to mention them Ira, thought it would stir another debate :D

illl feel sorry for marks gril frend i think she whould like looking at a parrot.it better looking than the one she has to get up to look at ever morring......

you mean the bald headed grey warbler :o

yer gannet tell on also take pics so we can see him being turn in to the same colours as the parrot a beauful black and blue colour i think... :lol: :lol: :lol:

you mean the bald headed grey warbler ....living art worte

now i kown where his ducks get it from. :lol: :lol:

also dont get me on goldfish as im try to get a diffant colony of my own..but with no human interfeance.

this is like ear and tail cropping for dogs and stuff

its pretty bad

see, that isnt so cruel

but cutting the tail off is not nice

I hate to say it, but breeding for shape/colour etc has been going on for centuries. The Chinese or Japanese royal courts gave us fancy goldfish and ever since we have domesticated them, dogs and cats have been bred for colour, shape, size, traits etc to produce some of the mutant breeds we have these days that are shown proudly at Crufts etc. I can't say I approve but it has been part of human animal domestication for too many millenniums to count.

well, by all means i aint a hippie

in fact, im even marginal on the whole whaling issue:D ok, contraversial time!!

no seriously

inbreeding for domestic purposes, cows, sheep, goats, dogs, cats etc, gold fish, all inbred and selective breeding.

but i guess i dont like things where its done after birth, like cropping and stuff.

thats physically cruel. inbreeding isnt always cruel i dont think, but cutting the tail off is,

i am unsure that the parrots fish' tail is cut though, i really thnk its breeding. if you look at the other variation, there are weird things and they all have strange marksand physical attributes also, all inbred with each other.

i guess naturalists would believe all inbreeding isnt good, fair enough, but not as cruel as cutting the tails off

Heres an piece written by practical fishkeeping that talks about an article published in the Singapore aquarium magazine describing how you would go about removing a fish's tail and how to inject coloured dyes into them.

:o Thats sick!!!

I saw a small flowerhorn [i think] at the goldfish pagoda with no tail, so I guess people here have read the article and decided its a good idea.... :(

In my Opinion I think that selective breeding is alright to a degree eg. colouration in guppies and long finned danios, But Blood parrots and other thing like that is too far. If I did end up with one I would treat it like any other fish but I dont think I would Concisely buy one. Thats my opinion.

yeah, i see what you mean, valid point.

i have always had this thing for PUGS and BULLDOGS, ugly selectiively bred dogs

but amputation is rathre cruel i agree, no other pet store has them apparently, only one sample for HFF - i guess everyone is taking a stand against having them