November Aquarium World

Caryl

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be more Show pics in the Feb issue. I have an article from the point of view of a competitor (Paul Billaney) plus Dave Cooper sent his take on it plus more pics! So members haven't heard the last of it and many will wish they had been able to attend (or had remembered it was on - not mentioning anyone in particular adodge :wink: )

There will be more Show pics in the Feb issue. I have an article from the point of view of a competitor (Paul Billaney) plus Dave Cooper sent his take on it plus more pics! So members haven't heard the last of it and many will wish they had been able to attend (or had remembered it was on - not mentioning anyone in particular adodge :wink: )
:hail::hail::hail::hail: what would we do without you :bow::bow:

As soon as you join the club they should IMMEDIATELY send off the required amount for your capitation to the FNZAS treasurer. As soon as this is done, she lets me know your address details, you are added to my master list and magazines are then sent to you.

A note of explanation here; affiliated clubs pay capitation fees to belong to the FNZAS. It is $10.00 per person (or family). This $10.00 is taken out of whatever you paid for club subscription. So, if your club asks for $25.00 to join, they send $10.00 of it to the FNZAS. The rest goes to help pay club expenses like hall hire, printing of newsletters, postage etc.

They are supposed to pass on the capitation fee immediately but many clubs have not been very good at this and we don't know until I get an email saying "I joined the X club in August, why have I not got my magazine?" We then discover the club has not got around to fulfilling their part of the deal :evil:

If you have joined a club but are not receiving the Aquarium World magazine (remember it only comes out in Feb, May, Aug and Nov) let me know!

Since the Show, I have become aware of at least 5 people in this situation.

As a side note, there are 3 new North Shore, 4 NZKA, 5 Waikato and a Kapi-Mana memership being processed at the moment and their magazines will be sent as soon as the membership cards arrive (they are in transit as I type).

As a side note, there are 3 new North Shore, 4 NZKA, 5 Waikato and a Kapi-Mana memership being processed at the moment and their magazines will be sent as soon as the membership cards arrive (they are in transit as I type).

One of the NZKA ones could be mine. Erling and I have had trouble getting emails to each other so I didnt know if I was a member yet. (Bloody Xtra)

Cheers Caryl :D